Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why the long socks?

mdub335

every day now i see people at the gym wearing these ridiculous knee-high socks. some are compression socks, others are just long black tube socks pulled up high. I get the whole compression thing. I have shin sleeves to prevent shin splints when i run, but knee high socks? whats the point? if someone is doing say...bench training..does he really need calf compression? no. and as far as fashion, they look stupid. sorry had to rant.

They claim they are for deadlift. But I know there is a market in Japan for used school girl gym wear, socks and undies etc. There are "Burusera" shops that sell the socks.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

Read up on kaatsu training.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EliteFitness
you mean occlusion training? not the same. thats with a tight cuff, or torniquet style band limiting blood flow to the area being trained. this is just fuck ugly fashion.

You r at the wrong gym. This is partly why I lift at home to avoid shit like this. There aren't many serious gyms like Ron Coleman's or Dimitry klokovs. I would ignore all this. Get focused. The gym isn't about anything than lifting serious weight. At every set u should be saying 'light weight' loudly before the set and then acting like u have to get it up or be crushed to death. You won't be doing this noticing sock shit dude

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EliteFitness

Trust me. I couldn't care less what they're wearing. I'm there to put my work in. But I can't help but notice when someone walks by my platform with neon green knee socks and a matching neon shirt! I gotta admit for a while I was stuck at a big box gym. Now I'm in a much better place that caters to powerlifting.

I think some of the wiminz look hot as fuck in this shit. Dudes look like straight up faggots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using EliteFitness

Trust me. I couldn't care less what they're wearing. I'm there to put my work in. But I can't help but notice when someone walks by my platform with neon green knee socks and a matching neon shirt! I gotta admit for a while I was stuck at a big box gym. Now I'm in a much better place that caters to powerlifting.

Maybe instead of having that roid radioactive glow they opt to do it the K-Mart store approved way: Matching socks and glowing shirts from the blue light special rack. This is why I take my prescription glasses off in a public gym-no distractions from fucked up workout wear or seeing big tits jiggling on some elliptical machine. Best workout wear is a flannel shirt and sweat pants, gardening gloves for the olympic lifts and heavy duty leather gloves for everything else. Old school.

Top Bottom