Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who here is doing DC training?

mcbruiser

How's it working for you? I've been doing one muscle group per day once a week for the last few years and I'm getting in a rut.

I've read over "DC's cycles for pennies" and there is some really great info in there and his training split seems like a great idea, in theory. I'm interested in hearing from people who have been putting his methods into practice. Do you do straight reps? Rest-pause? What personal modifications have you made?

I'd like to hear from people who have a high "tolerance" to exercise (in other words, it takes a lot of volume for you to make gains) that have tried DC training.. did it work for you?

My fear is that with just 1-2 work sets per bodypart wouldn't be enough to stimulate growth, even though it's 2 times every 8 days.

Thanks.

mcbruiser said:
How's it working for you? I've been doing one muscle group per day once a week for the last few years and I'm getting in a rut.

I've used it for about a year and like it. Diet's my weakness, though (not near enough protein, too many carbs), the main reason I "only" gained about 15 lbs. since starting DC training.

Well, that and I tore something around Christmas. That had me pretty much in a holding pattern 'til late April.

I've read over "DC's cycles for pennies" and there is some really great info in there and his training split seems like a great idea, in theory. I'm interested in hearing from people who have been putting his methods into practice. Do you do straight reps? Rest-pause? What personal modifications have you made?

Hmm...

Sometimes I only do one rest-pause instead of two. It depends on the total reps and the exercise. On dips, for instance, I gain well from something like 8/3/2. On the Hammer Iso-Wide, though, I've found only one rest-pause "set" results in better strength gains.

I also usually do quads before hams and calves. I like to go ahead and get the heavy stuff out of the way. I'm thinking of trying it strictly Dogg-style in the near future, though: doing quads last should mean I'm using a hair less weight at first, a plus since my knees are bothering me.

Also, I tend to do only one set of 10-12 very slow reps for quads. I tried doing both the 20 reppers and the 4-8 rep very heavy set, but I wasn't making strength gains that way. In fact, even when I did my heavy set first (after proper warm-ups), I got a bit weaker for awhile. I was also constantly exhausted.

Perhaps training with assistance would help take care of that ;)

I'd like to hear from people who have a high "tolerance" to exercise (in other words, it takes a lot of volume for you to make gains) that have tried DC training.. did it work for you?

My fear is that with just 1-2 work sets per bodypart wouldn't be enough to stimulate growth, even though it's 2 times every 8 days.

Thanks.

I'm not such a person, I'm afraid. High volume worked okay for me as a beginner, but ever since then, once I go over a certain no. of sets to failure I lose strength in subsequent workouts. (Moderate volume and sub-failure is a little different story, but I won't go into that.)

I honestly don't think you have anything to fear, though. The program's plenty intense as is...while 1 set with rest-pauses (and a static!) doesn't look like much on paper, in practice it's a ball-buster. The first couple of workouts might seem easy enough, but do the routine for about four weeks and you'll curse Dante's name. Going in there to set continuous PRs quickly becomes tough with the capital T :)

guldukat said:
I've used it for about a year and like it. Diet's my weakness, though (not near enough protein, too many carbs), the main reason I "only" gained about 15 lbs. since starting DC training.

Hey, 15 lbs isn't bad. Only question regarding that... do you also follow DC's methods regarding cycling AAS? i.e. cycling and cruising, ex 4 weeks on, 2 off, repeat.

I'm curious if and how DC's cycling methods work complimentary with his training methods.

guldukat said:
I also usually do quads before hams and calves.

So are you following the 3-day split like this:

Day one would be mon and would be
Chest
shoulders
triceps
back width
back thickness

Day two would be wed and would be
biceps
forearms
calves
hams
quads

Day three would be fri and would be
chest
shoulders
triceps
back width
back thickness

I agree about the quads first.

I have another question: in your opinion, does this training method rely on using rest-pause sets? Or can I mix it up? Sometimes doing rest-pause, othertimes maybe doing straight sets or going for a single 1RM?

Thanks for the information.

mcbruiser said:
Hey, 15 lbs isn't bad. Only question regarding that... do you also follow DC's methods regarding cycling AAS? i.e. cycling and cruising, ex 4 weeks on, 2 off, repeat.

I'm curious if and how DC's cycling methods work complimentary with his training methods.

I hear they work very well, but I've not used super supplements during my own DC training :)

So are you following the 3-day split like this:

Day one would be mon and would be
Chest
shoulders
triceps
back width
back thickness

Day two would be wed and would be
biceps
forearms
calves
hams
quads

Day three would be fri and would be
chest
shoulders
triceps
back width
back thickness

Precisely.

I agree about the quads first.

I have another question: in your opinion, does this training method rely on using rest-pause sets? Or can I mix it up? Sometimes doing rest-pause, othertimes maybe doing straight sets or going for a single 1RM?

Thanks for the information.

You're welcome, and you could, certainly. I do straight sets on some things when starting a training cycle, or whenever I think RPing it might be overkill (like after 6-8 weeks of training hard). I've not gone for 1 RMs, but just for fun, I'll see what I can triple or double on some stuff right before starting a cruise.

The bottom line is (and as I'm sure you know), as long as you can measure your strength gains, you're moving in the right direction :)

JKurz1 said:
Do you do anything (cardio, core strength, etc.) on tues, thurs, sat-sun?

I think the cardio is based on preference and/or need. For example, endomorphs may need to do cardio more often than ectomorphs. Personally, I don't think I will add cardio (on the off days only) until I start a cutting cycle and then it will only be for 30 mins or so. I tend to lose weight rapidly and gain slowly.

I tried DC a long time ago, used the original program where you train mon, tue, rest wedn, same thu fri, rest sat + sun. I liket it a lot, gaind strength like crazy. Will probably try that again sometime.

Top Bottom