Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat and Front Squat problem

I disagree again (always gotta be the pain in the ass). ;)

In PLing, when a person leans too far forward, we chalk that up to stronger quads and a posterior chain too weak to hold the person upright. My front squats are ATF, totally upright, and knees over the ankles.

I agree that squatting hammers your glutes more than anything. I hit a PR 425x3 yesterday and my ass is sore as hell. Quads didnt feel much at all yesterday and feel fine today.

I stay pretty well upright on front and back squats(probably as much as I can without losing balance..),yet I still feel more stress in my glutes than my quads.Just figure my glutes are getting stressed more,and/or my quads are stronger and more used to handling stress than my glutes.Ive also always felt that strong quads arent the key top a big squat,like most people think.Just my opinion though

Sully810 said:
.Ive also always felt that strong quads arent the key top a big squat,like most people think.Just my opinion though

Nope...not just your opnion. Westside Barbell's powerlifters (and many others) know you're right.

I was thinking earlier that maybe feet width(as I think someone mentioned above)is what would make a difference-wider less quads,closer more quads...so I tryed a wide foot placement and close,and everything felt stressed the same,but my quads seemed stressed a bit more once I got close to parallel with a closer stance.Maybe it has something to do with form???I dunno..whichever way Im going to stick with what works for me,which would mean sticking with what spatts has been saying

wait a minute I'm confused, what kind of form do you use to hit your quads, and what kind of form do you use to hit your glutes/hams etc?

Top Bottom