Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some Diagnosis On My Back

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
I got some diagnosis on my lower spine today. Just from Xrays. Still have to get through some more shit to get the MRI's and upper spine diagnosis. The doctor said I have mild sclerosis (unsure of spelling). Basically said I was born with a bend in my lower spine. Told me the muscles have to compensate in that area alot to support weight. Basically said deadlifts were a bad idea because of it. Still didnt address my upper back issues. Still doesnt explain exactly why my lower back is pulling out more often then it was over a year ago. Anyone have this problem? All feedback appreciated!!

i had a spinal injury some years back, and to compensate for my shattered vertebrae, they removed a large portion of my lat and oblique and sutured it over the exposed part of my spine. Since then i've had alot of trouble when it comes to balancing myself, especially when i squat or deadlift, my feet are always in a different position from when i started the lift. and it feels like i twist alot during super heavy lifts. but honestly, i think being huge in your back muscles is a great advantage, prevents alot of injuries, in fact, my doc said it was because of the musculature i had that i wasn't paralyzed.........from what i've seen, you cover your whole body when you train, so i'd jus wait for the docs opinion and maybe go see a PT(physical therapist) or a sports medicine guy. peace.

WalkingBeast said:
I got some diagnosis on my lower spine today. Just from Xrays. Still have to get through some more shit to get the MRI's and upper spine diagnosis. The doctor said I have mild sclerosis (unsure of spelling). Basically said I was born with a bend in my lower spine. Told me the muscles have to compensate in that area alot to support weight. Basically said deadlifts were a bad idea because of it. Still didnt address my upper back issues. Still doesnt explain exactly why my lower back is pulling out more often then it was over a year ago. Anyone have this problem? All feedback appreciated!!

My advice : Most docs don't know shit about BBers

They extrapolate from what they know about the average fat ass

But, of course, it is totally different

They usually say to stay away from lifting because they only see the lifters who are injured
Those who built a strong back from DL don't go to the doc

So, go see, if you can afford it, someone who has some knowledge related to lifters

Until then, try with low weights and see if it hurts or not

I agree wit hanthrax. Go to a sports doctor or whatever. Do NOT listen to a regular doctor because they are general practicioners and don't know shit about stuff like that and I say this from experience.

WalkingBeast said:
... Still didnt address my upper back issues. ...
I don't know much about lower backs, but I've seen upper back issues caused by "back benching". I fell into this myself -- I injured my shoulder years ago and in my quest for more and more weight, I brought my grip to well-inside the power rings. It wasn't technically "close grip", but it certainly wasn't conventional either. That closer grip lets you load more weight onto your back and triceps, but when your lats and triceps fire (imagine a close-grip bench with your elbows tucked-in), it can roll your torso so the full weight of the lift is centered on C5-C6 of your spine. I got to where 315 felt ok, but if I did 330-340 I knew I'd basically spend the next two days with a pain in my upper back as well as numbness in my right hand (especially my index finger and sometimes my thumb).

I'm moving my grip out now, and voila! More weight distributed on my shoulderblades and spread across my back, and less stress distributed on just my spine.

Hope this helps (if for no other value than the bump!)

With your size, I don't think you should be listening to a normal quack. They get paid regardless so they could care less what happens to you. Sports docs usually have much more knowledge about things like this since your a big, physical guy. My brother has crooked spine too, but he doesnt lift so it hasnt affected him at all.

Definitely agree with Anthrax.
Definitely I think you should try real low weights on back exersizes and do them if it feels ok, and let us know how it feels, actually, if you post here exactly what is hurting and when, type of pain etc.. it will help all us to give even more advise. If you have any issues I have had then I might be able to give you even more specific advise.

Once I had my first set of X-Rays done on my back Beast the Doc refered me to an Orthopedic Surgeon who worked with Sports minded guys,..in fact he was one of the docs for the US Boxing Team.

Unless your Doc is such a suregeon,..seek a second opinion Brah'!!!...But DO NOT OPT FOR SURGURY without a few opinions.

With my back problems Doc was pretty honest. Said normally on a healthy back he might discuss surgury but since mine is a degenerative thing he suggested Physical Therapy and the shots. NO MORE SHOTS THOUGH!!!

BE STRONG BEAST, AND BE WELL!!!

I like what Human Target said too,..kinda makes sense, and you have been tryin to kill 400. Whats yer grip like?

BUMP for WalkingBeast's news

WalkingBeast said:

You weren't born with that lower spine condition. It sounds like you have an assymmetrical postural dysfunction.

Bro I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your posture must be incredibly out of whack. You need to restore proper joint function. You should check out the book "Core Performance" by Mark Verstegen, as well as "Pain Free" by Pete Egoscue. Follow the books religiously.

Your body is literally not working the way it's supposed to. Many of your muscles are weak and inhibited, or chronically tight and prone to injury. You need to restore proper function to your body.

Top Bottom