Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Retro Fitness

mfx2515

I was going to go for a job at a local retro fitness in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know the pay scale there? Do you get paid per session or hourly? I work at la fitness now and it sucks.

I was going to go for a job at a local retro fitness in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know the pay scale there? Do you get paid per session or hourly? I work at la fitness now and it sucks.

Ha, yeah LA FITNESS is the worst - not sure about the pay scale, but most gyms are about the same (except for LA FITNESS, which is the lowest) -

I recommend using your gym time for experience to go independent - here's a post that will help you out:

The Health-Club Survival Guide

Hey thanks for the advice. I did try doing that, its just hard to find a place in a nice location to rent space in my area.

I f you have no experiance you might stay there for no more than 6 months, If you nhave experiance ,don't even think about it unless you want your reputation to be worthless.the pay is pathetic and most of the mangers have verry little ediucation or experiance in the field. Think Mcdonalds with weight machines and less organization and you'll get the picture , oh yeah and they low ball the session rates to get clients making it hard for professionals to make a living.

^^^ What he said.
I've been in 2 franchises and 2 independent gyms. I know trainers at every gym imaginable and the ones at LA Fitness, NYSC, Retro Fitness, Planet Fitness, or Bally's all complain about pay scales. Do you have a nationally recognized certification? I have ACE and it seems everyone will take that or NASM at an independent facility.

Top Bottom