Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pelvic imbalance ruining lifting

J_P2002

Somehow over the past 2 years my whole body has became imbalanced. I really can't do any lifting and even my normal life is being effected.
I've noticed my pelvis's left side is more superior(toward the head) than the right side by an inch or 2, and my pelvis's right side is about 2 inches posterior(toward the backside of the body) compared to the left side.
Everything in my whole life is effected. When I sit, stand, laydown, run, etc I can feel the imbalance. My gait(the way you walk) is totally funked up.
The damned therapists I go to pretty much side track the problem. They just tell me to do afew stretching and lifting exercises......and bam, I'm supposed to be fixed. NOT
Lifting was my passion.....and I can't lift, because it makes the muscle imbalances worse.
Does anyone know anything that I can do to help correct this problem? I've done alot of research and studying on my own yet I've came up pretty empty. Are pelvic imbalances heridotary(spelling?)?

I have heard if you carry a big wallet in just one of your back pockets (i.e your left side), that could mess with your gait. if you do, switching pockets for your wallet might correct the problem. other than that, I don't know. this reply is out there, but I thought I'd give it a shot because I have experienced the same, just not as extreme as you have.

If its muscle related you can try finding a chiropractor/therapist who specializes in ART (active release technique). Poliquin and King are major supporters of this practice. We only have one guy who does it by me and he has literally SAVED several friends lifting "careers". One had a similar problem as you. One of the most effective techniques I've learned of. Check to see if anyone near you specializes, it would most definitely be worth a try. Best of luck to you.

without a postural assessment i couldnt tell you. id have to see you in order to give you ideas. how is your lower body flexibility.

i would venture to say that some myofascial release would clear up some of the problems. works wonders. get a foam roll and learn what ya gotta do.

Lower body flexibility, not too good. Used to have very tight hamstrings, yet I stretch them alot now. Ankles have very little flexibility, thats what the doc said. Yet I stretch them alot also.
I also read that functional imbalances in the lower extremities can cause imbalances. My medial arches, mostly the left have fallen. I do wear orthitics. Also slight scoliosis in the spine. Also certain muscles in my tights are incredibly weak such as the abductors, adductors, hams.
I've done exercises, hours of research, etc. Yet it doesn't really seem to be helping. I would love to go to a chiropractor/therapist who actually cares about helping his patiences. Yet usually the "professionals" I go to tend to know less about the problem then I do, and I'm just a senior in highschool living with a single mother. So we don't have alot, if hardly, any money laying around.
I try to explain my problems as detailed as possible, yet what they are doing is not enough. Doing 3 sets of stretches and afew more of rubber stretch exercises just doesn't fix the problem.
Each exercise I do feels wrong, and no matter how hard I focus I can't get that "even" feeling in my body that I used to have.
I realize, I feel, what my problems are. Yet I'm not knowledged enough and don't have enough resources to fix the problem.

im thinking it may be a combo of upper body too. tight lats can definitely pull your gait off. hip flexors too.

Top Bottom