Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Some Help with My Workout - Please!

rjr5353

Hi All - Im 25 and Just started working out again (2) days ago. Let me first explain my situation. Two months ago I weighed 190+ pounds, (I was a bit chubby) all from eating fast food, mostly McDonalds, everyday for abour 2 years. I got so depressed about the way I looked that I stopped eating. I went on a diet. I only ate once a day for 2 months. I now weigh 153 pounds. So I easily lost 40 pounds in less than 2 months. I know it wasnt exactly healthy the way I acheived this either, who knows what I did to my metabolisim. Ive alway had a very fast metabolism but with all the fast food I was eating even my metabolism couldnt keep up. Now, I would love to put that weight back on but as MUSCLE not FAT. And I dont have to acheive all this muscle gain over night, I am patient. So I went to GNC (got raped in pricing Im sure) and stocked up on supplements. Creatine (powder form), MRP's (40G protein per shake), Whey Protein, and a good multivitiamin. These supplements combined with a good nutritional diet should be ample enought to acheive my goals?

I am certainly unsure of my current workout routine due to the fact that I just dont know enough about the exercises and on what days i should be doing certain muscle groups?

Mon - Chest and Triceps 4x10- Abs - Cardio (20 Mins)
Bench Press 4x10 - Incline bench 4x10
Pull Downs - 4x10 - Extensions 4x10

Tues - Back and Biceps 4x10 and Abs - Cardio (20 Mins)

Wednesday - Off

Thursday - Legs and Shoulders 4x10 - Abs - Cardio (20Mins)

Friday - Repeat

Can someone please comment on this routine and let me know how it looks? I just started this 2 days ago - so today is my off day and Im sore anyway - Im basically giving each muscle group 72 hours rest, is this okay? If anyone would like to add exercises make corrections redesign the whole routine I would greatly appreciate it! and is only 1 day off from the gym enough?

Last edited:
Hi Rj !
Post your whole weights routine, dude.
Type and time of cardio too ..

Let hit the iron man !
:smash:

Welcome RJR!!!

You can and will get some killer advice in here from some real good guys that know their shit but you need to post all your stats for them first. (age, height, weight, body fat %, and caloric intake if you can)

Then you say you want to put the weight back on as muscle weight; (by the way,..congrats on losing the weight)
Are you thinking about a Body Building lifestyle, (it is just that, "a lifestyle" and is very strict) Strength Training, Strong-Man, or just General Health?
Whatever road you chose to follow, there are some really knowledgeable guys in each catagory in here that can surely give you some sound advice to put you on your way & keep you motivated to continue.

Read a bunch of the posts already on here and familiarize yourself with who follows what and their lifting lifestyle & Read all the "Sticky's" too!!!

Good luck to ya Brah' !!

Congrats on the weight loss....shows you have a lot of discipline...it'll help with your weight routine.....

I agree w/Johnny...read the posts here and ask questions as needed....this is really a fantastic site and a great source of information. After a while you'll know which posters know their stuff....pay attention.

Stick with your current routine (or whatever you feel like) for a few weeks...let your muscles adapt to the change your giving them...

Then I would recommend starting a 5x5 routine, concentrating on the big, compound movements like BP,Squat,DL - start light until you get form - ask other lifters at your gym to spot and critique as needed....combine this with eating properly and you'll see improvment. Be consistant.

Good Luck....

Top Bottom