Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my unofficial strongman training plan

You need to be doing your events weekly IMO. Right now technique is so important for you. You don't have to go heavy..but you need to do them.

Do the best that you can...that is all that anyone can ever ask of you in your preperation and of the contest.

B True

so the first couple weeks, how about this:

mon - squat (5x5), glute/ham raises, reverse hyper, abs, grip work

wed - seated overhead presses (5x5?) (back's not ready for standing yet), incline bench, hammer curls, tate presses

friday - deads (5x5), SL deads, zerchers, reverse hyper, abs, grip

??

what's your split look like again?

i could add in spider zerch squats too (same as zerchs, just starting with the bar off the floor) to help with stones

DrBones said:
Bfold gets props for going over everything so indepth...
Once again proving how much of an asset he is to the board...
Karma for you man

I second that. Hard to get advice like this anywhere.

Joker

jeremys said:
so the first couple weeks, how about this:

mon - squat (5x5), glute/ham raises, reverse hyper, abs, grip work

wed - seated overhead presses (5x5?) (back's not ready for standing yet), incline bench, hammer curls, tate presses

friday - deads (5x5), SL deads, zerchers, reverse hyper, abs, grip

??

what's your split look like again?

That is an idea that you can try. Here is a general run down of what I have done in the gym this week:

Week 4 December 29th – January 4th

Sunday: Deadlift Variation (stiff-legs) up to a 1 RM
Front or High Bar Squats, 1-5 sets
Rev Hypers, 3-4 sets, medium band
Standing Calf Raises, 8’s
Abs
Farmers, Yoke,Sled
Hercules Hold (variation)
Stones

Monday: Viking Press, 280 x 3 x 3, 190 x 8
2 Board Press, 3-5 sets of 5
Lying Dbell Tric Extensions, 4 sets with the 35’s, 15 sec rest
Lat Pull Downs or Chins, 4 sets
Abs

Tuesday: Off

Wednesday: Box Squats, 325 +Heavy bands x 2 x 6 sets, 30-45 sec rest between sets
High Pulls 4 sets of 3 reps
Power Stairs Simulation, 4 sets of 5 reps
Rev Hypers and Glute Ham Raises, 3-4 sets
Calf Raises
Abs

Thursday: Speed Bench 225 x 3 x 8 sets, 45 sec rest between sets
315 x 1, 365 x 1
JM Presses 135x 8, 185, 205, 205 x 8
Incline Bench, 225 x 5, 275 x 5
Tate Presses, 4 sets with 40’s, 10 reps each, 45 sec rest
Dbell Cleans, 4 sets with 15’s, 10 reps, 45 sec rest
Barbell Rows, 4 sets of 10
Dbell Curls, 3-4 sets
Abs

Friday: Off

Saturday: Off

Hey, b:

Very cool. I just began "strongman/woman" training three weeks ago.

Have been having so much fun and would love to compete in a contest just to see where I'm at. Currently training with Julie Havelka (and five other dudes), on Fridays.

Question: didn't see cleans from the hang in your "gym workout" outline. I was thinking that it would be another good exercise to work on. Currently perform power cleans (as well as the other core lifts: bench, dead, squats) And have added DB push presses, too.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

slinky said:
Hey, b:

Very cool. I just began "strongman/woman" training three weeks ago.

Have been having so much fun and would love to compete in a contest just to see where I'm at. Currently training with Julie Havelka (and five other dudes), on Fridays.

Question: didn't see cleans from the hang in your "gym workout" outline. I was thinking that it would be another good exercise to work on. Currently perform power cleans (as well as the other core lifts: bench, dead, squats) And have added DB push presses, too.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Tell Julie and Todd that Clint from Kentucky said hello and that I will see them in Boston;

I can only do so many exercises in a week and hang cleans just aren't that important to me. I can't see where they are going to benefit me any more (for Boston) than something else in my routine.

B True

b fold the truth said:

Tell Julie and Todd that Clint from Kentucky said hello and that I will see them in Boston;

I can only do so many exercises in a week and hang cleans just aren't that important to me. I can't see where they are going to benefit me any more (for Boston) than something else in my routine.

B True

No, prob! I see 'em tonight!

Re: hang cleans. I see. I'll re-evaluate my training routine, then.

I thank you, for the quick response!
:)

If you ever need anything...just say hello...

B True

Top Bottom