Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Machine Pullovers?

wnt2bBeast

Machine pullovers: good exercise or not..i may put these in at the end of my back routine whch looks like this:
deads 2 work sets of 5-2 reps
BB rows 4x6
T-bar rows 3x5-8
Lat pulls 3 x6-8
I was thinking of taking out the tbar rows and adding the machine pullovers at the end..what do you guys think?

I use them to finish as well....really nice exercise for isolating the lats...I like the way your routine looks even with the tbars in there...maybe 2 sets of the machine pullovers at the end....some people even do them as warmup type exercise in the beginning of a back routine similar to what arnold used to do....50 reps of wide grip pullups I think....

I like them; you can really focus on your lats. However, I'm not a big guy at all and I still don't fit in the pullover machine at my gym. I use the lat pulldown instead and just stand up facing it and move the bar from the top down to the top of my thighs, being careful to keep my arms straight and focus on my lats.

Also, I wouldn't put the pullovers right next to pulldowns/pullups. I'd stick the horizontal rowing movements (bb or t-bar rows) in between. But that's just me.

InTraining said:
I use them to finish as well....really nice exercise for isolating the lats...I like the way your routine looks even with the tbars in there...maybe 2 sets of the machine pullovers at the end....some people even do them as warmup type exercise in the beginning of a back routine similar to what arnold used to do....50 reps of wide grip pullups I think....
Funny you should say that lol i did 2 sets at the end today, well 4 actually but 2 where i got my reps down to 10..probably do like u said and finish off with them!! thnx bro

wnt2bBeast said:
Funny you should say that lol i did 2 sets at the end today, well 4 actually but 2 where i got my reps down to 10..probably do like u said and finish off with them!! thnx bro

Sure thing man I'm about to do them tonight at the end of my workout...usually I do 2 sets of 8-10 reps...sometimes a drop set...all depends on how tired I am :)

InTraining said:
Sure thing man I'm about to do them tonight at the end of my workout...usually I do 2 sets of 8-10 reps...sometimes a drop set...all depends on how tired I am :)
cool.. i didnt do heavy deads last week, did some speed work instead..but man everything felt heavy today..hate that..hit em hard bro!!!

i also find that straight arm pulldown work pretty well too, its the same basic movement as a pullover except it is on a cable column, or a lat pulldown

Machine Pullovers are one of the best exercises for the Lats and an under-rated exercise. I have a Nautilus Pullover at home and it's AWESOME!! It REALLY works great when doing supersets with Lat Pulldowns, Seated Rows, or Barbell Rows.

Top Bottom