Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How often do you train each body part?

How often do you train each body part

• every forth day

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • every fifth day

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • every sixth day

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • every seventh day

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I usually do one muscle group every 5 days. I give it a good rest in between to lose the soreness but not too much to where it feels like I haven't used them at all the week before.:D

i train each bodypart three times a week, and it works for me, im also on some stuff

I can remember back just before Dorian Yates made it big that most guys were on a 3 on 1 off plan...thats hitting each muscle group once every 4th day.
Since Yates and his high intensity/ more rest ideation almost everyone has dropped to training each body part once every 5- 7 days...usually every 6th or 7th day.

Anyone else old enough to remember?

Keep the votes coming:D

Do you think my proposed plan of each bodypart once a week isn't enough, then?

I usually train 4 days a week, so maybe I should do:
Day 1: Chest and tris
Day 2: Back and bis
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Shoulders and abs
Day 5: Legs
Day 6: Rest
Repeat

Well, that's kinda the same thing.... except I'm training each bodypart every 6th day instead of every 7th. I'm worried this isn't enough.

Advice?

You should add to that Dorian Yates routine "a truckload of gear."

That´s why saying bber x y z does three dropsets for rear delts or whatever isn´t very useful.

Bro.... that would work, providing that you work each group hard . A lot of guys cannot train each body part more often than once every seven day, even on gear.

Dorian yates trained with the same way as you...that is...2 on 1 off, 1 on 1 off, 1 on 1 off and repeat...except he used a slightly different combo.

I recommend the following for you bro. I think if you follow my advice you will see better gains as it allows for more rest time. There really is no need to do a four way split. If you are training with enough intensity you don't need a lot of work sets so each muscle group should not take too long to work.

Workout Plan #1

Three way split (on steroids) Each bodypart is trained once every sixth day. It is a big myth that calves , abbs and forarms need to be worked more often than other body parts IMO...many others, including Dorian Yates, would agree. My calves never grew at all until I trained them no more than once every six days.
Muscles are muscles IMO.
Quads often respond to the longer intensity that is produced with 10-15 reps per set. I do calves at 10-12 reps, hams at 8-10

Train every other day, alternating the following ...
Workout #1. Chest, abbs (for a tricep rest), then triceps
Workout#2. Legs(including calves) and lower back
Workout #3. Upper Back, shoulders, Biceps and forearms
You could put calves with workout #1 if the leg day is too hard.

Workout plan #2.
#2. Three way split ( not on steroids) Each body part is trained once every SEVEN days.
Same as above except take two days off after workout #3.

Recuperation time is VERY important bro. I dropped from a four day split just like yours to ta three way spilt, taking at least one day off between workouts and I was a new man!! NEW Growth.... A good buddy( former pro) had to beat me up over the head a few times to get the above through my thick scull) he he he
I never train each muscle group more than once evey sixth day while on gear and once every seventh while off. Hope this helps

:rolleyes: :D

Top Bottom