Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey Ya'll Won't Believe This I Squatted Friday Night... Imagine That Me.

curling

I was at the gym and I was going to do back and bis. Well while I was doing my pullups I looked over and saw my ole lady doing squats. I thought shit if she is going to do them I might as well. So after finishing my back workout I went to the squat rack.

I did three sets and it wasn't as bad as I thought. But only thing after I was finished with the third set this dude says finishised already you have three sets to go. Wth(what the hell 6 sets?) I told him I just started doing squats I so I am taking easy tonight(didn't want to sound ignorant).

So here is my question are you suppose to do 6 sets when you do squats?

Ya'll can flame away now but at least I gave'em a try and I think I am going to keep doing them.

No, your not supposed to do 6 stes of squats. You can do as many sets as you like...nothing is written in stone.

I prefer 3-4.

I usually do 1 warmup set.. then 4 real sets..

I feel like squats are the best leg exercises... so I do an extra set.

Hahahaha....everything I've ever believed in has just been rattled.

Seriously though, keep doing them...you'll come to enjoy the mental challenge that heavy squatting requires. Plus, they add sweep and mass to quads and hams like nothing else.

way to go curling......... were all very proud of you

everybody is right though....... sets depend on you.........some weeks i do 5, some 4,3,2 or 1......... it depends..... do somewhere around what you normally do on leg press.

good luck and congradulations

Thanks for the support guys. So you think I might be able to save my reputation around here? I guess I'll wait and see what Valdez has to say. ;)

Omg hell just froze over. Seriously, good for you. I do my Squats differently - I do 2-3 warmups, then one heavy all out set. Note:dont try on Squats what you can leg press!

:p :D :p Hip Hip Hooray!!! sets are all up to you. I usually like 3-4 also with pyramided reps and weight, 15-20, 12, 8-10, 6-8. Btw curling half the reason I gave you so much shit is that I was trying to goad you into stepping into the squat rack. Now I have no reason to flame you (...).

Valdez said:
Btw curling half the reason I gave you so much shit is that I was trying to goad you into stepping into the squat rack. [/B]

Oh great I, got goaded I'm such a sucker for peer pressure no wonder I did so many drugs in my youth. :D But seriously it wasn't as bad as I remembered from jr high(been along time since I squated). And I don't care if ya'll call me a puss or not but I use that pad thing on the bar for my back. I mean they even give a blanket to pack horses so why shouldn't I have some sort of padding? Right?

Another squat question do all ya'll go past parallel(sp)? And do I need a weight belt for squats?

Congrads on the squats bro. Excellent lift if down properly.

To answer your question about parelell, that again is up to you. For example, I'm 6'1 and I don't go parelell unless I'm using very light weights. I have a buddy who is like 5'4 and touches his ass on the floor.

So, just go as deep as you can without screwing your form up. Form is extremely important with squats because you can easily mess your back and or knees up. I always use a weight belt no matter how much I'm squatting.

Top Bottom