Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cardio: 60 min 3/week, or 30 min 6/week????

blown93302

hey guys, since reading the post about 30+30 =60, or something like that, i have a question. would it be better to do cardio 60 minutes in the morning 3 times per week, or do 30 minutes 6 times? also, by doing so much cardio, will that hurt your muscle gain or not? help me out bro's! thanks

depends on your level of fitness and what you are trying to do.

dont take everything posted on here as gospel. its individual for everyone.

30 min 6x a week, or 60 min 3x a week. both seem excessive unless you are really trying to cut up....either way, yes it will hinder muscle gains. burning excess calories= less calories to repair and maintain muscle. grow fast or cut fast or do both slowly, make the choice.

I agree, it's what you want or need that decides how much or little cardio you do.
My goal right now is to lose the remaining Body fat and at the same time continue to make moderate Muscle gains. I can risk the chance of losing a LITTLE muscle as long as I know the fat is burning away quickly.
I do 60 min straight 3 time a week after about 45-1hr of Weights on a 4 rotation.
After I'm at the fat % I want, I plan on decreasing the cardio and maintaining the intense Weight training.

------------------
-Work to live
-Live to Fish

I can tell you this, You really get more fat burn out of moderate intense cardio than either just walking or going balls to the wall. 20- 30 minutes in the groove seems to really do the trick., The bike also seems to give better results than the others becasue it is better on the knees than most other equipment
just a thought I hope it helps

The best fat burning method is moderate intensity aerobics. 45 minutes is sufficient, 3-5 times per week. Make sure you're getting in enough resistance training too. You may want to do your weights first, so you're not spent up after cardio. When you do your cardio too intensely you will burn some muscle. Anaerobic cardio is difficult to recover from too.

I really depends on what your goals are. When I was trying to lose a bunch of fat a couple of years ago, I was doing cardio 5-6 days a week with some serious intensity. What happened was eventually I started burning some muscle, because I saw my bench go down. That was due mostly to the intensity of the cardio I was doing. Spinning classes 2-3 times per week, and 2-3 days on the eliptical trainer for 45-60 minutes. I learned from that. Currently, I'm cutting and doing cardio on seperate days from my weights, with the exception of Thursdays which I train weights in the morning, and teach 2 spinning classes at night. Other than that I do cardio on 2 other days with no weights, and weights 3-4 days on separate days. Currently, I'm at 200 lbs at about 7 or 8% at 5'11".

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom