Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can someone suggest to me a full body workout for building strength, size and cuts?

Thanks for the workout Nikkita, I can't wait to see the rest. Its interesting that you listed leg training first. My legs are MASSIVE, I guess its a genetic thing. Fortunately despite the fact I need to lose weight from other body parts my legs are very muscular, so I tend not to train them to hard. I really don't want them bigger than what they already are, although more definition is never a bad thing.

In a nutshell my diet is something like this:

7:30 am - veggies and small portion of grilled meat (chicken, steak, pork chop, etc.)
9:30-10:30 am - same as above
12:30-1:30 pm - same as above
4:30-5:30 pm - pretty much same as the other meals but larger portions

I know its kind of a unusual diet but I'm just getting started and I'm working at learning to live without the bread, carbs and fried foods. I really need to learn what vitamins and supplements I should be taking while I work out.

Leander, I think I should had ask first (given your comments of your legs) what are your stats? maybe I should make some changes to what I posted because you don't want them bigger.

Just wait till I post my next batch of before and after pics in my diet thread.

I managed to gain muscle and lose fat while do a high volume of olympic lifts over the last month or so! Think I gained 3+ lbs of muscle and lost just a much fat while eating more than usual.
Bodyweight went up 3 lbs and my waist dropped half an inch!

part 2

Leander,
This is the other part of the suggested workout I told you... I made modification on the leg part because you say that they are already big... however I do consider important that you train them so that they don't lag behind. The days are my suggestion but you may start with the muscle group that you prefer.

Day 1 Back &chest

Back extensions3x12
Barbel rows 3x10,8,6
Incline bench isolation rows 3x12 to failure
Wide Grip lat Pull downs 3x10 (contract for 30s in peak after failure)
Hyperextensions 3x 6
add week3&4
Seated cable rows 3 x 12, 10, 8

Incline barbell bench press 3*12
Barbell Flat Bench Presses 3*12
Machine flys 3*12

Day 2 shoulders, bis and tris
Shoulder (really squezzing muscles)
wk1&3
shoulder press machine
push presses 5x6-8
front raises 5x8
dumbell lateral raises 4x12
dumbell shrugs 5x15
wk 2&4
dumbell presses 12,10,8,6,8,10,12
upright rows 5x8
heavy barbell shrugs 5x8
revers fly's 5x12

Bi's
Incline dumbell curls 3*12
Standing barbell curls 3*12
Concentration curl 3*12
Cable curl 3*12
Hammer curls 3*12

Tri's
french press 3*6-9
Close-grip cable press-downs 3*12
One-arm dumbbell overhead extension 3*12 (per arm)
Dumbell kickbacks 3*12 (per arm)
Behind-the-back Dips 3*12

Day 3 Legs & Calves 1 per week

Leg Extensions 3*15-20
Leg curl 3*15-20
standing leg curl 3x15-20
lunges 3*15-20
dead lift 2*15

Standing Calf Raises (on three positions)
Seated Calf Raises 3*20
Donkey Calf Raises 3*20

I hope that this helps and feel free to make any observation.

About your diet, I think you're not eating very much, be sure to increase your protein to protect muscle

this is in no way an insult to nikkita, but that routine looks like INSANE volume, especially for a beginner. 15 sets for biceps?

You need to stick the the basics, and you HAVE to train legs. If you want to grow, things like squats and deadlifts are damn well NECESSARY in a routine, and they burn a shitload of calories. How about this:

Monday:
Squat 5x5
Stiff Legged Deadlift 3 sets
Clean and Press 3 sets
Bent over row 3 sets
Dips 3 sets
Calf Raises 3 sets
Weighted decline situps 5 sets

Friday:
Deadlift 3 sets low rep building to a single, double, or triple
Bench Press 3 sets
Pullups 3 sets
Pick a biceps exercise and do 3 sets of it
Farmers walk 3 sets
Calf Raises 3 sets

Cardio on one or two off days.

Good luck with your goals.

lemur, thanks for your comments because that is why I posted the workout... so people give input to this guy that was asking for a routine, if you are more experienced then thank you for taking time for giving him input...
and frankly its all perception on how you see things as "insane" because even I workout somehow similar and I'm not a huge girl not even close to bodybuilder... but that's opinion.

different things work for different people. for all i know, my routine might not be half as much as you would need to grow. i just felt it would be better for him to stay with something that was sure to work, rather than something that may (or may not) just kill the guy.

Top Bottom