Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Box Squats- what should i actually do on the box?

die faster

should i keep as tight as possible? should i completely sit on it, or just kind of touch it?

today was my first day with box squats. i tried all different ways, one keeping tight as possible, then i just sat down on it and pushed back up from a dead stop with not much tightness, tried just touching it lightly, tried sitting while keeping really tight. which is the best way?

you know i never really considered any other way cuz im ignorant like that, but ive always completely sat on it. lift my feet off the ground for a second to make sure all weight is off them then go back up. altho i live in a bubble

According to louie simmons you keep everything tight while relaxing the hip flexors to release the hips. He also says that your feet should be far enough forwards so that your shins are past perpendicular forcing you to leg curl off the box

I YouTube'd to see how it was done and they completely sat down and waited a sec or two then sat up. Guess its supposed to go from a relaxed state(legs wise) up.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I YouTube'd to see how it was done and they completely sat down and waited a sec or two then sat up. Guess its supposed to go from a relaxed state(legs wise) up.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

...sure, but i could look it up on youtube as well and find 20 other variations on how to do just about anything... its who the teacher is that matters most here...

youtube is horrible. i met a competition body builder on my job site and im gonna try and get my company relocated to his camp so i can train with him. i dont even want to know how many things ive been taught that are stupid

Just an FYI, no serious powerlifter or strength athlete out there box squats by sitting on the box and taking their feet off the floor.

And I don't know of any top bodybuilder, for that matter, who uses box squats at all....

yeah i would never take my feet off the floor, and i would of course keep tightness in my spine. i like the idea of feet forward, esp if your hams are lagging. not exactly sure how i can relax only my hip flexors with a bar and weight on my back

this is the video ive been watching that got me into this

YouTube - ‪EliteFTS.com: So You Think You Can Squat Part 1‬‏

but the only thing he doesnt talk about is how you should actually sit on the box. when he has lighter weight he kind of just sits on the box lightly then when it gets heavier he sits more on it. but idk if he stays tight the whole time or relaxes, idk

i dont really see what difference it makes if my feet come up or not, although yes i keep my back tight i could see some serious damage happening if i didnt. and fyi im not a comp bber. but this is the stuff i want to adjust since i have recently met one, and am doing my best to give myself the chance to lift with him. but i do box squats because i had a very severe back injury and they help me baby my squats till i am more comfortable with the heavy loads on my back again

Top Bottom