Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anybody do push-ups???

cmdubs

So I haven't done these forever. Last night after my usual chest workout I decided to do a couple sets to failure...got a pretty good pump in my chest.

I know it can be like a cardio session for most of us, but they have to have some benefits, the marines do 'em right? :)

Yup....i throw them in as a finisher on chest night sometimes. Nice to go old school now and then.

As gymtime said. I often throw them at the end of a chest routine. One or two sets to failure. I get a great pump on them also. Feels good as a finisher. I would never substitute them for freeweight though.

I always finish my chest workout up with them. I also go to failure with them. Great way to finish up on chest day.

There is alot that can be said for being able to lift your body weight. I can usually get a full body work out just doing some plyometrics (differnt pushups, situps, body squats, pullups, zimmers, mountain climbers) and it is also a great cardio session. I am much more impressd by someone who can do 20 good pull ups than I am someone who can lift 225 pounds once. At least half of my training is devoted to body weight training, plyometrics and sprints with high rep/medium weight dumbell training taking up the rest of my workouts.

That being said, I think that pushups are very beneficial to overall upper body strength and are a good way of getting more explosivness in your bench press. I challenge you guys to try doing 100 pushups a day for a week and slowy add more each week. Not all at once mind you...10 here...20 there...but 100 by the end of the day. I promise it won't be two weeks and you will see a noticable increase in the hardness and vascularity of your arms. Good luck.

They work very well for a chest finisher. As Gymtime and Beast said. Try doing supersets with them also.

I do them every day. Right before I shower, I drop and do 50 naked push ups. Good pump, makes you feel good. My wife thinks I am nuts, but at 175 lbs, I can flat bench 275 x 3.

Later,

Bluesman

Top Bottom