Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is 800lbs on leg press alot?

ya, i know i probley do to, but since im just starting out again, i wanna start on the weaker stuff then finally get up to hack and squats.

as long as your going for ur full ROM then dont worry about if its alot or not...i do 14 plates for reps with full range of motion...it hurts like hell thats for sure...but as long as i benefit from it then its all good

shortstack said:
i am getting my full range off motion, just as they taught me in the national acadamy of sports medicine.
NASM isnt notorious for "full ROM". as a matter of fact, i dont know that ive ever seen anything in their coursework about a leg press. they do primarily closed chain exercises when working in stable environments. squats, multiplane lunges etc. i know alot of NASM certified trainers and all they do is advocate shortened range of motion, relatively speaking. watch a technically perfect NASM squat, and it'll get picked apart by athletes of many backgrounds. (PL, OLY lift, BB'ers etc)

btw, a 45 degree leg press with 800lbs on it is actually about 565.6 lbs via physics. angle is everything.

wnt2bBeast said:
Cool bro!! Personally ive had better development with squats and hacks rather than leg press..But youll find what works for ya..good luck

I have god awful legs, but hacks and squats were the only things that have ever put any size on my legs. IMO these are the best lifts you could do for thigh mass.

bignate73 said:
NASM isnt notorious for "full ROM". as a matter of fact, i dont know that ive ever seen anything in their coursework about a leg press. they do primarily closed chain exercises when working in stable environments. squats, multiplane lunges etc. i know alot of NASM certified trainers and all they do is advocate shortened range of motion, relatively speaking. watch a technically perfect NASM squat, and it'll get picked apart by athletes of many backgrounds. (PL, OLY lift, BB'ers etc)

btw, a 45 degree leg press with 800lbs on it is actually about 565.6 lbs via physics. angle is everything.

well i must be the first trainer you have met that has completed a MASTERS course in nasm. names Lance nice to meets ya, the course is excelent why dont you try it and see how far you get.

have a good day

shortstack said:
well i must be the first trainer you have met that has completed a MASTERS course in nasm. names Lance nice to meets ya, the course is excelent why dont you try it and see how far you get.

have a good day

Are you always this defensive or are you just touchy today? :p

shortstack said:

have a good day

man, my bad. i usually dont encounter someone with an online masters degree seeking validation for a leg press PR. i expect that from a newbie, not a veteran. :rose:

havin' a great day! :heart:

bignate73 said:
man, my bad. i usually dont encounter someone with an online masters degree seeking validation for a leg press PR. i expect that from a newbie, not a veteran. :rose:

havin' a great day! :heart:

your responce does not make sence. having a nasm masters cert does'nt mean i cant ask this question. no-where in nasm does it go over repping weight to body weight ratio or anything else having to do with the amount of weight you push.it just happens that i have not experimented with leg press very often (myself or with my clients) even though it is very popular exercise. thanks for being so difficult.

The problem is that you are preoccuppied with weight. Who cares about 800lbs? Find weights that make your quads grow.

To a newbie 800lbs on the sled is a lot. . to an IFBB pro its a warmup.

Whether or not 800lbs is a lot is a matter of personal perception. There is no right or wrong answer.

Top Bottom