Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

World's Strongest Girl

Tatyana

Elite Mentor
Varya Akulova, a 14 (maybe 15 years old now) Ukrainian girl.

There is a long history of strongmen in her family, and her father, also a strongman, started her training at around 6 months.

Her parents tied small bags of rice around both of her arms and legs, they are doing the same with her baby sister right now.

I saw a documentary about her on Discovery Channel this week.

She was raised as a circus performer, now she is also competing in powerlifting.

She was clean and jerk over 70 kg, snatch 82 kg (I may have gotten those reversed). She weighs about 40 kg.

ABSOLUTELY amazing

This is her website http://varyaakulova.com/, full of amazing pics.

Gotta love those Ukrainian Genetics...........

They wanted to test her for myostatin mutation, but as her family are jehova witnesses, no blood tests. They did an ultrasound though, and it showed her muscle fibers are aligned in a slightly different way, at an angle instead of parallel with the tendon, so more muscle fibers could fit in, and provide more torque.

There is a research group at John Hopkins University that is very interested in the myostatin polymorphism.

One scientist was stating that there probably are groups of people that have these genetic variations that will allow for them to be bigger and stronger.

Steroids not required :)

x
x
x

T

Good for her!

I wonder if her family members have long lives?

tatyana_zadorozny said:
Varya Akulova, a 14 (maybe 15 years old now) Ukrainian girl.

There is a long history of strongmen in her family, and her father, also a strongman, started her training at around 6 months.

Her parents tied small bags of rice around both of her arms and legs, they are doing the same with her baby sister right now.

I saw a documentary about her on Discovery Channel this week.

She was raised as a circus performer, now she is also competing in powerlifting.

She was clean and jerk over 70 kg, snatch 82 kg (I may have gotten those reversed). She weighs about 40 kg.

ABSOLUTELY amazing

This is her website http://varyaakulova.com/, full of amazing pics.

Gotta love those Ukrainian Genetics...........

They wanted to test her for myostatin mutation, but as her family are jehova witnesses, no blood tests. They did an ultrasound though, and it showed her muscle fibers are aligned in a slightly different way, at an angle instead of parallel with the tendon, so more muscle fibers could fit in, and provide more torque.

There is a research group at John Hopkins University that is very interested in the myostatin polymorphism.

One scientist was stating that there probably are groups of people that have these genetic variations that will allow for them to be bigger and stronger.

Steroids not required :)

x
x
x

T
thats one strong girl.

WOW...that was a cool link..very motivating...and I thought my 320 ass to floor squat was great!!! She is amazing! Very interesting webpage!

Top Bottom