Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why is it that every time I train

Summer Bunny

I am so tired when I get home?
I go to the gym four days a week, when I get home I am physically tired I don't want to do anything just sit and relax. Should I be eating something before I go to the gym? I've tried protein shakes/bars but I don't like the taste of them. Am I doing something wrong? I used to go to the gym and I would feel great when I went home.

HELP
:bawling:

Your lucky you can go home and think about relaxing.
Me, I workout at 5:30 AM and go straight to work (After a shower of course:D )
Sometimes I want to lay down in my cube and pass out. But if I did, some dink would walk up and think I've lost it.
To answer your question" Yes, It is normal to be physically tired after a workout.
If you weren't, we would all know your not putting everything into the workout.
I bolded Physical, because Mentally, I am jacked up on endorphins after I workout. My brain is just zinging.
EAT AFTER YOUR WORKOUT within 30 Min or so, Eat Very little Before
If you eat a meal, wait a couple of hour before Working out.
Me, I do a glass of Skim milk and Chocolate(yum) Whey powder before, along with 500mg vit C, 400IU E and a Multi Vit.
After, I eat another BIG glass of Skim milk with more Whey Protien and maybe a bannana or a Bagel or Tuna from the can.
Some MRP mixes do taste bad but I found Whey based powders taste best especially in skim.
I bought a Pound of each protien powder and mixed them: Whey, Soy, Egg.
Keep up the work. Your body will get used to the strain and get stronger. Just remember to increase your W/O as it does. Don't give up.. You are not alone...

I do cardio on an empty stomach, but I always have a little something before I lift--say, a scoop of protein powder in 1 cup of milk or 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese. I eat maybe 45 minutes before I go to the gym. But, I still feel zonked afterwards until I eat.

Bunny, Maybe that's it.. If you don't eat something ASAP after working your body, I don't doubt your dead.
Try getting some chocolate or vanilla Whey Isolate powder and drink it ASAP after the W/O along with eating something. The Whey will be absorbed quickly within 30 Min. I also have some Simple Carbs like the lactose sugar in the Milk or fruit or bagel tunafish/chicken breast because that's what your body is screaming for.

If your intensity is all out when training you should be tired afterwards. As for postwork meal I have 3 scoops whey protien by Optimum Nutrition and two scoops of gatorade powder, 10 grams creatine, and ten grams glutamine. Along with that a cup of yogurt and a bananna. About an hour later I usually eat a small meal as well.

There are several threads listing several recommended Protein Supps here.
http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15554 OTHERS

Plain/unflavored flavored tastes good with Juice,yogurt etc
Chocolate flavored mixed good with Skim

I buy EAS Simply Whey or Precision Protein
or www.proteinfactory.com whey isolate
I'll take some Whey plain after my W/O because it is absorbed the fastest of ALL.
Then I mix another batch with Whey,Egg and Soy equal parts..

well hey, when you work out you use energy... So that could be why you're tired afterwards. That's why they call it workout. I'd be wondering more if I wasn't tired after putting my body through such intense stress.

Protein's good to eat shortly after a weight workout to encourage muscle repair, but what will pep you up is carbs because after any workout, esp. cardio, your carb stores are depleted, so you have no direct energy source. That's what makes you feel so lethargic. I find that oatmeal is a great meal after a workout leaves me drained.

Top Bottom