Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do my arms hurt

tripleV

on leg day....right after doing squats?

it must have something to do with holding onto the bar.....
but what can i do to alleviate....it pains form the front shoulder down the top of the bicep and forearms....

???

You trying to press the bar girl??? Could be just the way you are holding onto the bar...are you doing free squats or smith machine? Are you holding the bar wide or narrow?

no.....well i do have shoulder probs....i have separated both at

diff times in my life...once playing rugby, the other an unfortunate incident at the gym.

but i am gripping it wider than shoulder width, close together is not an option, i can't, i dont have good range of motion.

and today i was on the smith machine, but also on free squats, i get the same thing.

i grip with my thumb on the other side as my fingers...

The bar is probably slipping on your back and you're trying to keep it up with your arms. You can get some pretty nasty tendonitis with your arms in that position trying to support the bar while squatting.

Wear a tight shirt and chalk your back before squatting so it stays put. Wide grips on the bar can make this worse unless you have really big traps.

W6

Move your hands out to the collars...and use an open grip...thumb and fingers on the same side. Had the same problem and that is what helped. Many people think their shoulder problems come from benching...but more thimes than not it is because of a narrow grip while squatting.

BTW..when squatting...especially with the heavier weights that you use. It is important to try to "bend the bar across your back". You should be pulling the bar down across your back. This keeps all of the upper back muscles tight...and creates a more stable enviroment...also allows you to comfortably handle more weight. And ALSO...make sure that your elbows are UNDER the bar. If they "chickenwing" behind you it can cause form problems...as well as throw you forward at some point in the lift.

But hey...what do I know about squatting...;)

Top Bottom