Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where did all of my strength go?

P

plifter

I had gyno surgery about 6 weeks ago and my strength has disappeared. I started lifting about 2 weeks post operation. I used to press 405 w/shirt. Now I do about 5 reps with 225! I've lost about 15 lbs. as well. I can understand my bench dropping but my squat dropped even worse. My best contest squat was 485 at 162 lbs. Now it takes everything I have to do 300 w/o wraps or suit.
When I bench it feels different too. My delts do all of the work. I can't even make my pecs contract. Has this ever happened to any of you guys?

Alot of it could be mental. Of course your bench is gonna drop but for squatting you might not be really ready to go balls out for squattin. There have been times 405 felt like 700 to me. And then theres times were 700 feels like 405. Just depends on how i feel. But i have laid off and i have partners who have taken big layoffs come back weak and get it back pretty quick. Just up your enthusiasim and know you have muscle memory and just wait for the strength to come back. And if you trtain th eway you did believe me it comes back faster then it did the first time. Way faster. Within 3 months you will be ahead of were you were at. Trust me.

powerlifterjay said:
Alot of it could be mental. Of course your bench is gonna drop but for squatting you might not be really ready to go balls out for squattin. There have been times 405 felt like 700 to me. And then theres times were 700 feels like 405. Just depends on how i feel. But i have laid off and i have partners who have taken big layoffs come back weak and get it back pretty quick. Just up your enthusiasim and know you have muscle memory and just wait for the strength to come back. And if you trtain th eway you did believe me it comes back faster then it did the first time. Way faster. Within 3 months you will be ahead of were you were at. Trust me.

Took the words right out of my mouth....It sounds like you'd be out of shape from the surgery....keep at it and you'll be back to where you were in no time....it usually takes me about 1 month to get to were I was.

Thanks for the support. I also had some hormone problems. My test levels dropped to almost nothing. My Dr. prescribed Androgel, I've been using it for a week. I hope it gives me my natural strength back.

Top Bottom