Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When I wake up in the morning I will be quitting smoking...

MrsPuddlesFL said:

LOL! Unfortunately, it wouldn't for me. It'd just make me look really ugyly and I'd get pissed off, so I'd fire him and light one up to calm myself down. LOL

Right now it will not take much to piss me off too...damn it! I'm starting to feel the physical withdrawl here, vision is blurred and my brain feels like it's under water if that makes sense. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

I remember when I used to smoke, first thing after sex was to light up and inhale...Now, I have a good cleansing leak....

good luck MrsPuddles :) my mom quit about 6 months ago, after 25+ years of smoking. she did it gradually though - initially she cut to 10 cigarettes a day and then every 3-4 days she would cut 1 more cigarrete down.

How many cigarettes do you smoke per day? What brand? How long have you been smoking?

Marlboro 100's, 1.5 to 2 pks a day, been smokin since I was 14 and I'm 36 now. Only time I successfully quit was when I was pregnant.

I can't take any herbal sups. or nicotine alternatives. I've used zyban in the past and it's helped, but that takes weeks to kick in and I just found out on Wed aboout the issue. I had planned on quitting this weekend anyway, but I thought I'd be able to rely on some nic. gum. Oh well. So far so good...it's about noon and I'm doing well handling it...because I xanaxed and slept all day. Soon it'll be time to eat something. I'm not hungry though.

I'd like to offer a different suggestion than quitting. For your health you need to cut down, but quitting altogether isn't absolutely necessary as long as your heart is in good shape. How about smoking the same amount as you do now, just switch to Marlboro lights. Once you have settled in, then start cutting down to smoking 6 days, then 5, then 4, etc.. until you are down to smoking only one day per week. Keep that one day where you can smoke, eat, and drink as much as you want. I know I'll get flamed for suggesting this but a small amount of debauchery is not going to shorten your life as long as you live clean most of the time. Many people like to smoke, if you can cut down then you have beaten any addiction.

ariolanine said:
I'd like to offer a different suggestion than quitting. For your health you need to cut down, but quitting altogether isn't absolutely necessary as long as your heart is in good shape. How about smoking the same amount as you do now, just switch to Marlboro lights. Once you have settled in, then start cutting down to smoking 6 days, then 5, then 4, etc.. until you are down to smoking only one day per week. Keep that one day where you can smoke, eat, and drink as much as you want. I know I'll get flamed for suggesting this but a small amount of debauchery is not going to shorten your life as long as you live clean most of the time. Many people like to smoke, if you can cut down then you have beaten any addiction.

Nope..switching doesnt work ...

I was a heavy smoker and I did try to cut down but every time I ended up going back to square one..

You either quit period or keep smoking!!!!!

TerraNoble said:

I was a heavy smoker and I did try to cut down but every time I ended up going back to square one..

Agree..

Short cuts,i.e., cutting back,switching, will not do any good!
As a former smoker I tried all those but only when I stopped for good , finally I was able to be non- smoker guy!

TerraNoble said:

Ok, but it did work for me. I smoked a pack a day of Marlboro reds in high school. I started when I was 14 also. I quit for a little while freshman year of college. I then started up again on Marlboro lights. That lasted about a year. Then I started Marlboro light menthols junior year. I then agreed to only smoke when I drank. The problem was that I drank every night so I was only avoiding smoking during the day. This lasted my senior year and for about 4 years after that. I then cut down drinking to one night per week which allowed me to cut down smoking to one night per week. Sometimes I won't do either. I realized that I enjoyed alcohol and tobacco products too much to never use them again. I would be depriving myself for the sake of depriving. Didn't make much sense to me. My point is that I went from a heavy drinker and smoker to an occassional drinker and smoker. It took a while but I have no intention of going back because I am completely satisfied now.

My experience:

-Be ready for situations where you used to smoke. (driving, drinking, after sex, spicy meal, etc.)
-Cinnamon gum
-Peppered Beef Jerky (will give you that smoky burning sensation in your mouth.)
-Where a rubber band around your wrist and pop yourself when you crave a cigarette (negative reeinforcement)
-Gross but works> get a baby food jar fill with cigarette butts. Fill with a little water. Carry it with you and when you crave a cigarette, unscrew the lid, stick your nose in and take a big ole sniff. (more negative reinforcement.)
-Put away all lighters and ashtrays.
- Third week is the worst....don't know why.
- Think about being alive and seeing your grandkids someday.
- Go get your teeth cleaned at the dentist.

Xanax is a good idea, by the way.

Good luck......

LOL DT. It'll take a couple of months for the swelling to go down, but I'll share a pic eventually....not bare of course, but something nice. :rainbow:

Thanks for all of those suggestions, Zebo. You're right about that 3rd week being toughest...that's usually when I fail...so stupid too...I make it over the physical withdrawls and then cave in due to lack of self control. This time the third week will be the week that I'm recovering from surgery so hopefully feeling like shit from that will keep my mind off my desire to smoke.

The xanax is helping soooo much today. I've got the windows open and it's nice and sunny and breezy. I've sprayed Febreeze around a few times too. ;)

Top Bottom