Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What to sub in place of OHP??

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
So with some rotator issues....(front and rear tendons infra and superspinattus bilaterally) .... Im getting prolotherapy treatments which are helping but recently my training is out running the treatments. So I need to back off the OHP which aggravates everything the worst.
I usually do standing BB OHP as my main shoulder mass builder....WTF can I do instead??
I started doing incline BB press which suprisingly isnt that bad and at least in the mirror at the gym really appears to blast my delts. I do DB front raises with neutral grip but would love some other suggestions...?

maybe upright rows... i dont think anything will be a direct replacement...
im not a big fan, but have you tried to see if pressing dumbells feels better?...

I didnt think to try upright rows lately. I dropped them a long time ago when I read they are real hard on your shoulders. Obviously they dont need to be done with a million pounds though.

pressing dumbells is out too. Its just the motion of overhead pressing right now. it aggravates the infraspinattus.
Going to try platelet rich plasma injections this next treatment and see if that makes a difference. Along with a years worth of HGH @ 4iu a day as soon as I can afford to do so and see if that helps regenerate some of the tissue.

upright rows generally are a bit my agressive on that area, however we are all built differently and that motion might possibly work better for you... really it was the only thing i could think of, but there are also cleans, but those seem even harder on the joint to me so i didnt mention them...

not sure about upright rows. nerve impingement is common without structural imbalances due to injury. i'd try them but light.

what can you do for your lateral and rear delt heads? i'd drop all front head specific exercises. let any chest pressing movements maintain that. then i'd do everything i could for lateral and rear heads. give it 6 to 8 weeks. not like they are being undertrained at all.

Yeah I think the delts get trained enough in benching. Doing the front raises with a barbell seems like it would be good

Rear delts im not so worried about. They get hammered when I do back. I 3 heavy rowing movements along with my other stuff when I do back so the rear are g2g.
The front and side are lagging if IMO. Maybe genetically, maybe from lack of really hammering the piss out of them.
Im gonna try light uprights tomorrow. I'll know in the first set if they are gonna work or not.
I never thought about doing a standing type clean without the press. That might actually be ok as its the press that bothers at the moment.

Stick with the DB's on the incline and dont push your luck bro...hit them at 45 degrees and if you feel any pain just back off on the weight or reduce the incline.

good luck with the treatment.

Stick with the DB's on the incline and dont push your luck bro...hit them at 45 degrees and if you feel any pain just back off on the weight or reduce the incline.

good luck with the treatment.

Actually bro...incline DB doesnt feel good to me. BB feels better. DB's feel like an injury waiting to happen. I dunno its hard to explain.
I usually go pretty low incline too but last two times I have gone with the traditional 45 degree bench and it actually didnt bother me.

yeah the DB's need more work to stabilize bro...fuck, if you can handle the bb inclines they will hit them front delts nicely untill you are in a better position to going back to the over heads.
just dont get carried away with weight you are pushing .

Top Bottom