Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What the hell did I do to my back and abs!?!?

it stars sAddam

Okay the other day I went into the weightroom during my 3rd blk gym class, and I was fired up for a decent ab workout. I already have pretty great abs so I figure I have decent ab strength. I did decline situps, 2 sets of 25, with 45lbs wrapped around my chest. This was pretty hard so I figured I was doin a good high intensity workout. I preceded to do a set of 10 with 70lbs. Then I did cable crunches, 2 sets of 15 with 70lbs. Later on that day I did my normal back workout which has never caused me problems before. Barbell Rows, Lat Pulldowns, T Bar Rows, and Deads. Now 2 days later, my abs are in INTENSE PAIN and my back hurts so bad I can barely walk. I walked through the hallway hunched over all day, looking like a goddam fool. What the hell did I do? Overtraining? Any input?

On a better note..... I am doing GREAT on my bulking diet. Eating VERY clean. 7-9 meals a day!

the pain covers my entire ab area, its a sharp pain in the obliques, and lower abs. Basically it hurts in the entire ab region. The back really isnt in much pain just any back movement causes pain because I have to stretch my abs. Yesterday when I was doin flyes for chests I had to roll off of the bench when I was done because I physically couldn not bring myself up. Oh and tricep pressdowns were out of the question. So in other words they are pretty sore.

The first time i did heavy abs I couldn't walk straight or laugh for about 4 days. You might have just trained them MUCH harder than before and they are super-sore. For me, sore abs are much worse than any other sore muscle group...just my thoughts...

it stars sAddam said:
In the future is this kind of training for my abs going to be okay???

You will be fine.

I think the weighted exercises are what made you incredibly sore.

When I was in HS. . coaches put us on brutal ab routines that made us sore for a week!!!

Keep us updated on your progress.

And remember. . .always spend time stretching.

Last edited:
Top Bottom