Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what is your biggest mental hurdle?

emmab

for me it is two things
1) eating after workout getting over mindset of i've burned cals why replace (i do always beat this thought though!)
2) resisting temptation to follow my weights sessions with 20 or so mins of cardio (again the burn cals mentality)

this is my goal this week, to keep cardio SEPARATE from weights

To remember that the food will still be there tomorrow so I don't have to eat it all at once!!

Right now the lack of differentiation of one day to the next. This is more life related than goal-related right now.

Procrastination.

I never thought I had this problem until someone I was working with kept telling me so and pissed me off at the very same time.

But then I realized something - all the time I spent planning, sorting and organizing everything to be done "perfectly" was just a way to put off "getting started" until "I felt like it".

:rolleyes:

So now I'm practing just jumping in, getting started and working the kinks out as I go on.

It sucks ass but I keep reminding myself - babysteps, babysteps....

My social life and friends....always seems to involve some kind of eating and drinking, so it's a constant struggle of balance for me.

That I am an emotional eater and have to realize that I am usually not hungry just tired or upset or...
That I need to surround myself with supportive people and stop getting dragged down by the nay sayers.
When I am bloated it doesn't mean I gained fat... I am JUST BLOATED. I used to go into a burning inferno thinking "this diet isn't working" and it's not worth all the effort so then I would go and eat a ton of junk and feel like total crap!!

Roonytunes said:
My social life and friends....always seems to involve some kind of eating and drinking, so it's a constant struggle of balance for me.

On the other end of the stick - if you have no social life to speak of, the days start to run together & you have no sense of excitement about anything. Again this demonstrates how critical the balance is.

For me it is staying on track when not in contest mode. When I am getting contest ready the focus and discipline I have often amazes me but none contest mode I just can’t seem to keep as tight a leash on myself. I have to compete or else I will become a fat ass. :worried:

Top Bottom