Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what are the good veggies and bad?

The only fatty fruits/vegetables I can think of are olives, avocados, and coconuts. And of course, olive oil and avocados are both great sources of healthy monounsaturated fat. Coconut is of course full of saturated fat and should be consumed in moderation, but its saturated fatty acids are supposedly shorter chain than, say, butter or beef. So I wouldn't even avoid coconut completely. I just would not consume too much of it.

Some fruits/vegetables have little in the way of nutrition, such as iceberg lettuce. They might help you feel full on fewer Calories, and they might provide some of the fiber you need, but there are certainly better choices out there, such as romaine lettuce, spinach, or swiss chard. Some fruits and vegetables also have lots of carbs. But pretty much all of them are reasonably healthy so long as you don't deep-fry them.

Some foods, such as onions and tomatoes, supposedly are healthier when they are somewhat cooked than when they are raw. Many though, such as green vegetables, have nutrients that are damaged by heat. With such vegetables, it's better to gently steam them, through them into a stir-fry near the end, or not cook them at all.

Fibrous greens are great because they will keep you feeling full while barely eating any calories..asparagus,cabbage,brusselsprouts.

I would watch how many fruits you take in the though, because the Fructose in them can get pretty high. Look into kiwis,mandarins,blueberrys.
Kiwis have the most vit c and vit e out of any fruit, and has lots of antioxidants and is the worlds best natural blood thinner

Ahh i forgot about spinach also a great green fibrous veg.

As for green beans, while quite low in calories (just 43.75 calories in a whole cup), are loaded with enough nutrients to power you up for the day. Green beans are an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese. Plus green beans are very good source of vitamin A (notably through their concentration of carotenoids including beta-carotene), dietary fiber, potassium, folate, and iron. And, green beans are a good source of magnesium, thiamin, riboflavin, copper, calcium, phosphorus, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and niacin. The vitamin K provided by green beans-25% of the daily value in one cup-is important for maintaining strong bones. Vitamin K1 activates osteocalcin, the major non-collagen protein in bone. Osteocalcin anchors calcium molecules inside of the bone. Therefore, without enough vitamin K1, osteocalcin levels are inadequate, and bone mineralization is impaired. They also have good antioxidants.

I just dont like the taste of them.

Top Bottom