Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to get my cholesterol improved

no matter what I do I seem to have some bad cholesterol numbers. The numbers would be over 300 when my blood work comes back in
bad cholesterol would be up and my good cholesterol would be down.
I’m eating pretty much the same stuff I have protein powder, oats, rice, chicken, Bagels, yogurt and, some bananas. Why would these types of foods be causing bad cholesterol? And what supplements can I try?
Is that your pcp doing your bloodwork? If they are, they aren’t doing a very good job. You should be on a statin (IMO everyone should be). At least 5mg and up to 40mg based on how you respond.
Statins are dirt cheap and covered by insurance. The #1 best thing you can do for your cardiovascular health, Is get on a statin.

Is that your pcp doing your bloodwork? If they are, they aren’t doing a very good job. You should be on a statin (IMO everyone should be). At least 5mg and up to 40mg based on how you respond.
Statins are dirt cheap and covered by insurance. The #1 best thing you can do for your cardiovascular health, Is get on a statin.
statins are NOT for everyone.. yes they are cheap but they are extremely overly prescribed and while some absolutely do need them, many are prescribed them that certainly do not.. i work with so many different expert cardiologists now, have interviewed so many and been in studies and books to no end on cholesterol health, heart health etc.. saying everyone needs a stating is blatantly untrue and false, unless you work for big pharma, then it would make sense to make that comment... they certainly have a place and a need but statins and mental health type of meds are the most over prescribed things out there... in no way am i vilifying a statin, and im on one myself but certainly value the pcks9 inhibitors far more, they are certainly NOT for everyone... it definitely is something that needs explored with higher end cholesterol and genetic issues but often times can be addressed without one

n2guard is NOT going to cure high cholesterol.. certainly it will help but this is not going to cure itself if it is truly consistently that high.. first and foremost, you need to go see your doctor and talk about family history and see if its something that is hereditary or not.. CLEARLY some lifestyle changes need to be made but this is not something you will cure with just supplements and i ASSURE you that you need to address this with all out seriousness... you are far far far too vague on this post though and you need to see your doctor and discuss this in greater detail

statins are NOT for everyone.. yes they are cheap but they are extremely overly prescribed and while some absolutely do need them, many are prescribed them that certainly do not.. i work with so many different expert cardiologists now, have interviewed so many and been in studies and books to no end on cholesterol health, heart health etc.. saying everyone needs a stating is blatantly untrue and false, unless you work for big pharma, then it would make sense to make that comment... they certainly have a place and a need but statins and mental health type of meds are the most over prescribed things out there... in no way am i vilifying a statin, and im on one myself but certainly value the pcks9 inhibitors far more, they are certainly NOT for everyone... it definitely is something that needs explored with higher end cholesterol and genetic issues but often times can be addressed without one
Youre right. Statins aren't for everyone. He needs to see a cardiologist. I remember when I was in medical student, there were 2 medications that make significant difference for high cholesterol. The first one is Omega 3 fish oil. the other is a statin.
The way it was 15 years ago for statins, you had to be above a certain number to qualify. We had a cardiologist from the Cleveland Clinic do his presentation on the high cholesterol medications. He said if we were to lower the threshold (How high the cholesterol is), we would be able to lower the cholesterol in millions of patients in the US.
Use diabetes for example. We had the same discussion years ago. At the time, to be considered diabetic, your A1c needed to be 7.0 or greater. 25-20 years later, the lowered the criteria to be a diabetic. Now, your A1c has to be 6 or higher. This slight change in protocol, has save hundreds of thousands of lives.
Working on an open heart thoracic surgery floor, you tend to learn a little bit. I'll be honest, until now, I havent heard of pcks9 inhibitors. I have not researched it. Hopefully it works better than a statin. I learned something new. Thanks Dylan.

Youre right. Statins aren't for everyone. He needs to see a cardiologist. I remember when I was in medical student, there were 2 medications that make significant difference for high cholesterol. The first one is Omega 3 fish oil. the other is a statin.
The way it was 15 years ago for statins, you had to be above a certain number to qualify. We had a cardiologist from the Cleveland Clinic do his presentation on the high cholesterol medications. He said if we were to lower the threshold (How high the cholesterol is), we would be able to lower the cholesterol in millions of patients in the US.
Use diabetes for example. We had the same discussion years ago. At the time, to be considered diabetic, your A1c needed to be 7.0 or greater. 25-20 years later, the lowered the criteria to be a diabetic. Now, your A1c has to be 6 or higher. This slight change in protocol, has save hundreds of thousands of lives.
Working on an open heart thoracic surgery floor, you tend to learn a little bit. I'll be honest, until now, I havent heard of pcks9 inhibitors. I have not researched it. Hopefully it works better than a statin. I learned something new. Thanks Dylan.
Yes, it is an entirely different class of heart and cholesterol medications. I would encourage you to look at Vascepa and Repatha, just to get an understanding. I have a podcast coming soon with one the most well known and respected cardiologists and lipidologists in the United States that will be ever so insightful! It is some of my best work and some of my proudest work. That will release in a month or less. Be prepared for a lot of note taking! LOL

Yes, it is an entirely different class of heart and cholesterol medications. I would encourage you to look at Vascepa and Repatha, just to get an understanding. I have a podcast coming soon with one the most well known and respected cardiologists and lipidologists in the United States that will be ever so insightful! It is some of my best work and some of my proudest work. That will release in a month or less. Be prepared for a lot of note taking! LOL
Dude! Thats excellent! Please let me know when you are going to do this. Im curious, what is your educational background? Are you a biochemist? Endocrinologist?

Dude! Thats excellent! Please let me know when you are going to do this. Im curious, what is your educational background? Are you a biochemist? Endocrinologist?
it will be posted on here when its up and ready to go... no, im none of the above but i have spent countless amounts of time in study on endocrinology, and everything else ped related along with the ramifications of certain health conditions, most specifically when it comes to the heart and cholesterol... ive been blessed in my current situation after finding a genetic issue leading to a heart condition i have that i found it early enough and so being that i have a platform, i have made it part of my life's work to educate everyone on what i have learned but also bringing in TOP experts in the field to have the discussions with...

Top Bottom