Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

W6's General Workout Scheule

Snow White

W6,
Thanks for the emai l:D . I looked over the sched, and I was quite surprised about the amount of sets ,reps, and exercises included in the program. For example, my shoulder routine goes something like this:

Overall shoulder
4 sets db presses 15#, 20,25, 30 lbs 20r, 15, 12, 8
4 sets side laterals

Fronts 2 sets each:
Uprite rows
front pully or db extension

Rear
Cable or dumbell reverse flyes
machine rears

I figure if a bodypart, such as the shoulder, is multi headed you would want an overall hit, then to fine tune, specific hits. So here's my question --- Why only 2 sets of shoulders , with the exception of shrugs ???

Those are working sets. For example on a heavy shoulder day.

My one female client would do the following.

Seated barbell presses (front, never behind the neck) bar to the bridge of the nose, or upper arms parallel to the floor in the bottom position.

Bar x 8
75 x 6
95 x 3
115 x 3
135 x 8-10 working set (a couple of assisted reps)
115 x 8-10 working set
depending on how she's feeling, maybe we do a third with 105.

Then seated dumbbell presses

30 x 4-6 warm-up
50 x 8-10; 35 to failure; 25 to failure (one drop set)

Side Laterals (no warm-up needed at this point)

25 x 8-10 (couple assisted)
25, 20, 15, 12 (continuous drop set to failure)

Bent-over flyes (rear delts)(no warm-up)

45 x 8-10 (couple assisted)
45, 30, 20 (continuous drop set to failure)

Shrugs

135 x 8
225 x 6
275 x 12 - 15
275 x 12 - 15

Modified front raise to finish. 2 x 15 with 15 lb DB

Dumbbell begins at the thigh turned so that the plate is facing the wall and thigh. The dumbbell is raised to eye level and rotated during the movement so your hand is now palm facing down and the dumbbell is eye level, center of the body (right in front of the nose). Sort of an arc/rotational movement. No swinging. If you do them correctly, you will really feel the movement in the anterior delt.

I get her through this with her husband in 30-35 minutes. When they are done, they can't raise their arms. Light days are the same routine, but lighter weights, no drop sets, done in super or giant set fashion nothing to failure. Modify the weights to your strength levels.

Ask New@ about this routine. Worked for her shoulders. BTW New@, when ya coming back so I can put some muscle back on you?

W6

In a nutshell.

It puts unnecessary stress on the shoulder joint. Starts to force the head of the humerus out of the glenoid fossa causing a subluxation of sorts. Bad news for the rotators.

Also unnecessary. You get the same shoulder work from presses to the the front and seated dumbbell presses.

If it doesn't feel right, you shouldn't be doing it. Tell your trainer that they hurt and you can only do them from the front. If he gives you any shit, ask him, "who's working for who here?".

Stubborn usually = Stupid or lacking knowledge

W6

I group train only. $18 per session per person (1 hour; 2-4 in a group that moves very quickly). Most clients train 3 days per week. 3 sessions covers all bodyparts except abs. Got New@ ready for her first figure show that she won on this routine and another female that won a National qualifier bodybuilding show same training routine. 3 hours a week of training, not including abs or cardio. More is not always better.

W6

I can assure u his workouts WORK!!! They are hard as hell, but they get the job done!!! Sadly i have been workin out solo a lot:( Just not the same!!! But i shall return........eventually anyway...but any workout w6 posts on here works very very well.....it literally TRANSFORMED my body....and brought me to where i am today. Just try it out for a few weeks, especially heavy legs and calves!!!! u will hurt like a MOFO:)

Top Bottom