Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

VANADYL SULPHATE... worthless?

MonStar1023

VANADYL SULFATE... worthless?

I have heard some good and bad things about this product so I am going to give it a run-through myself. Ill be taking 100 mg. of this supplement tomorrow on my carb-up day....

Any experiences with this on a carb-up day?
:D:D

Last edited:
that stuff tore up my stomach, made me constipated, stomache aches. I hated it, did nothing for me but make me feel like shit. I gave what i had left away, i did try it several times and always got the same results. BTW i did read somewhere later on after i stopped it that Vanadryl did contribute to ulcers in the stomach. Maybe that's why i was having those stomach aches, who knows.

I've tried to, couldn't make any sense out of it however. First go round it made me feel sick. I tried it again at high doses reading something about its potential effect on increasing creatine absorbtion. Since I had the stuff I went at it. No sides or anything but of course I also couldn't tell of the stuff does anything at all.

I can't make heads or tails out of it, I also read a few places it can kick you outa ketosis, so make sure only to use it only during carb up if doing keto.

supposedly increases insulin sensitivity, mimicks insulin in certain ways. Though they wern't sure if the ways it mimicked insulin could even aid a BB from what I read, something about how its insulin mimicking effect won't shuttle nutrients like real insulin.

bro studies i've read say Vanadryl sucks, especially compared to ALA.

Sleepy

For years I really pushed the use of Vanadyl. I would make claims of killer pumps, increased vascularity, and fullness. I was basing these claims on past usage. Recently, I decided to use Vanadyl again with one major difference, it was all I used.

This time around it made me sick and tired all the time. Granted, I was taking a notable amount of it, but it was the same amount as what I took in the past. Then it dawned on me, when I took it in the past, it was usually precontest with Anavar. Shoving so many things in my body it's difficult to tell what the hell is working and what is not (and you can bet your ass the Anavar was working).

BELL$

:angel:

Im like Vanadyl, I take 2 twinlab tabd before each workout w/ 5 grams of glutamine * creatine, add40-60 grams of carsb before the workout....great pumps, i never had any stomach pobs, then again 2 tabs are only 15 mg...i like it!

I've tried it a few times, both by itself and with other supps. No results, nada, the big zip. No stomach problems or anything like that, but no results either.

Vanadyl is possibly harmful. There are better products available

Vanadyl finds its uses in mimicking Insulin, much like ALA. It regulates blood-sugar levels and helps the uptake of glucose into the cells, instead of turning it to fat. So it promotes the efficacy of creatine and protein. Vanadyl sulfate is derived of the trace mineral vanadium, and is in effect a salt. Users claim they get an increased pump from it.

But what I dont like is the toxicity level of vanadyl. Though the recommended doses are far below toxic, they are also far below effective. They recommend 25-50 mg, prior to workout or after a meal, but the effective dose for bodybuilders lies closer to 75 mg. The toxicity level starts at 100 mg for most people.

So what's the problem ?
75 isn't 100. True, but like all trace minerals, vanadium remains in the body longer than you would like, and as you keep using it, the body level of vanadium keeps going up. Vanadyl accumulates in bone, kidneys and in high concentrations in the liver. For someone watching this closely it's not a true problem, but your multi-vitamin and several other supplements contains small amounts of vanadium as well. As a result using vanadyl requires cycling it 3 weeks on, 12 weeks off. The standard RDA is 10 mcg, that's a tenth of a gram. So what is the use of extra, for the little benefit it has. You'll find ALA to be more effective for a similar price.

Vanadyl has uses in medical conditions, but most nutritionists will advise you to avoid vanadyl if you are in good shape. They have little use, plus there are many other insulin potentiators that work just as well.

Top Bottom