Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training method that I have been told is the "best", comments anyone?

thanks for the good replies guys, I looked into doggcrapp's stuff a while back..so you guys feel like DC's training method is more effective than HST for hypertrophy? Lets get some experiences from you bro's on what worked for YOU! Thanks again guys!!

I'm 5'07"
Started out extremely skinny at 128lb. Trained with Arnold Schwarzenegger type routines and gained 15 pounds over one year.

Switched to HST training in July of 2008 and eventually reached my maximum weight of 170lb.

Now I maintain 160lb looking good with only 10% body fat.

I've never done any AAS. I'm getting ready for my first cycle (testosterone only) and am looking forward to continuing with HST training on-cycle :D

WOW! Always heard of DC but never read it or payed attention to it. Just got done reading it. Holy crap it makes sense! I am incorperating the extreme stretching starting this afternoon. I am coming back after a 6 month layoff (been back few days) so I'm not going to go balls out with DC for a while. But I am going to make the first 4 sets of each movement warm up then one work set DC style. With chest, back, bi/tri for now. Cant wait.

WOW! Always heard of DC but never read it or payed attention to it. Just got done reading it. Holy crap it makes sense! I am incorperating the extreme stretching starting this afternoon. I am coming back after a 6 month layoff (been back few days) so I'm not going to go balls out with DC for a while. But I am going to make the first 4 sets of each movement warm up then one work set DC style. With chest, back, bi/tri for now. Cant wait.

Lot of big boys over there doing DC. Dusty Hanshaw just won the SHW class at the Jr Nats (just missed the overall, but the guy that won (Matt Lowden) that had slightly better conditioning, though Dusty had way more mass). He won the Border States SHW and Overall at 242 in 2008 after training with Dante for about a year. At Jr. Nats this past weekend he was 262 at weighins and probably 267 on stage at 5'11" -- in his 3rd competition ever. He hired Chris Aceto to prep him for the Jr Nats and the USA's coming up. Chris Aceto? Working with an amateur??

Dusty at Jr Nats:
34nlhkn.jpg
21j0ruw.jpg

Keep reading up on DC. Sometimes it takes a while to set in, especially if you've been training with a more typical BB style split for several years. It works well with a high protein, moderate to low carbs (depending on what you need mostly) and moderate (good) fat diet.

I hear you on the deadlifts the exercises are interchangeable but this is a sample routine that the trainer gave me. He has a bad back so I guess that's why the lack of more squats and lack of deadlifts. I would def sub deadlifts in And take out behind the neck pull downs for the day when back is the focal point. I think doing deadlifts on every day 2 (when legs or bi's are the focal point) may be considered too much? Tweaking this program is HIGHLY recommended as this is just the principle behind the program and it relies on being able to train your body as often as possible yet still having enough rest to repair (72 hours). Keep the comments coming guys!! I wanna try this routine but again the trainer told me that tweaking the exercises to my liking is a MUST so I really need some opinions! Thanks so much guys

that trainer is a phony. he knows shit about training people. im sorry if this comes as an insult in any way.

what are your actual goals. bbing, strong man, pl, just be strong and look good?

Lot of big boys over there doing DC. Dusty Hanshaw just won the SHW class at the Jr Nats (just missed the overall, but the guy that won (Matt Lowden) that had slightly better conditioning, though Dusty had way more mass). He won the Border States SHW and Overall at 242 in 2008 after training with Dante for about a year. At Jr. Nats this past weekend he was 262 at weighins and probably 267 on stage at 5'11" -- in his 3rd competition ever. He hired Chris Aceto to prep him for the Jr Nats and the USA's coming up. Chris Aceto? Working with an amateur??

Dusty at Jr Nats:
34nlhkn.jpg
21j0ruw.jpg

Keep reading up on DC. Sometimes it takes a while to set in, especially if you've been training with a more typical BB style split for several years. It works well with a high protein, moderate to low carbs (depending on what you need mostly) and moderate (good) fat diet.

Yeah I'm gonna give it a go in a couple months full on I think. Im just finishing week one now after a 6 month layoff right now though. Seriously need to cut. Once I lower the BF% considerably then I will up the cals and work my way into more of a DC routine. I am definatley incorperating the extreme stretching starting yesterday actually. But I'm gonna keep it more of a modified traditional split for 8 weeks or so. I gotta get through this first 2-3 weeks of ungodly pwo soreness. God I hate comeing back after layoffs. Plus I need a few deep tissue and accupuncture sessions in the next two weeks to loosen up a tight right shoulder and under arm rotators ect....

that trainer is a phony. he knows shit about training people. im sorry if this comes as an insult in any way.

what are your actual goals. bbing, strong man, pl, just be strong and look good?

No offense taken in any way, I actually appreciate your input a lot. My goals are more bodybuilding than anything. I wanted to compete a while back but between hurting myself and not wanting to take so much sauce (that previous trainer's suggested that I take) I kind of gave up on that idea. I want to look good and be strong but my body type is just made to be bigger so I want to take advantage of it as most guys would love to be able to gain muscle and be bigger (but I, unfortunately have the trouble of losing the weight after bulking..ahh the double edged sword lol).

I'm really tossing up either the idea of DC or HST but I don't quite know which one to go with.....

I just read an article on Max OT vs. HST vs. HIT vs. DC vs. Westside vs. GVT vs. PRRS and it looks like not a lot of people are liking HST but I don't understand why because it seems very sound. I'm going to continue researching to figure which would be best for me to put on as much size as possible since that is my goal right now (bodybuilding not any kind of power or strong man stuff)

Alright fellas I just saw my buddy that told me about this program and he continues to swear by it saying it works wonders. No disrespect to anyone in here that commented but just out of curiosity what do you good bros find wrong about this routine? Is it the lack of certain key lifts? Or do you guys feel like the principle behind it is wrong (overtraining?) please help guys bc I want to have some ammo to have a knowledgable discussion with him to figure out this program. Thanks so much in advance!

if it works for him that's great. Doesn't mean it will work for everyone. If the "2 sets" of everything are actually working sets and not counting warmups (which I assume they are) then for me, it is WAY WAAAAAY too much fucking volume. How long are his workouts? 2-3 hours? No thanks. At that amount of volume, intensity will have to be lowered. That's not how I care to train. Others are high volume trainers. Personally, I consider high volume, Bodybuilding OCD. The thinking that, "I must do 4 sets of flat bench, incline bench, decline bench, flat db flies, standing cable flies, and 100 pushups...or I won't grow!" Sounds completely obsessive to me. It's too much.

I do a 2 way split, but I don't go in two days in a row. I will go in every M W F and do workout A, then workout B, then A, B, A, B. Keep it simple. I lift very heavy weight (high intensity) and low volume, with higher frequency.

You seem to be interested in his workout, so go do it. Give it 12 weeks or so and see if it works for you. It will also shut him the fuck up. Or, do what you want to and tell him he can workout his way and you will workout your way. If he still keeps bugging you tell him to STFU!

if it works for him that's great. Doesn't mean it will work for everyone. If the "2 sets" of everything are actually working sets and not counting warmups (which I assume they are) then for me, it is WAY WAAAAAY too much fucking volume. How long are his workouts? 2-3 hours? No thanks. At that amount of volume, intensity will have to be lowered. That's not how I care to train. Others are high volume trainers. Personally, I consider high volume, Bodybuilding OCD. The thinking that, "I must do 4 sets of flat bench, incline bench, decline bench, flat db flies, standing cable flies, and 100 pushups...or I won't grow!" Sounds completely obsessive to me. It's too much.

I do a 2 way split, but I don't go in two days in a row. I will go in every M W F and do workout A, then workout B, then A, B, A, B. Keep it simple. I lift very heavy weight (high intensity) and low volume, with higher frequency.

You seem to be interested in his workout, so go do it. Give it 12 weeks or so and see if it works for you. It will also shut him the fuck up. Or, do what you want to and tell him he can workout his way and you will workout your way. If he still keeps bugging you tell him to STFU!

^ Good answer.

Top Bottom