Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training bodyparts twice a week on cycle?

How many sets do you do per body part in that split?
i usually will train the big muscle first in the split and will do 4 - 5 exercises and 4 sets of each for it and then do 3 exercises of the smaller muscle for 4 sets each.

so if back/bis - ill do 4 - 5 exercises for back, 4 sets each and then do 3 exercises for bis 4 sets each.

as far as # of reps goes - i will do 10 - 12 reps max. generally i load the weight so that at that many reps, i am near failure by the time I get to 10 - 12.

I agree it's a great split, (push, pull). I'm just training body parts differently ATM. I don't want my back to be super thick or wide so I am only training it lightly while Chest and Abs for example are getting the hard work.
Yea I dont think this is the "magic pill" of bodybuilding or anything. Everyone's body reacts differently, so that's why it's good to change it up and pay attention to what works the best for you.

IMO training back and legs heavy is as important for your chest as your chest training itself is. In your first post you mentioned "bulking". I assumed you meant you want to put on some mass, and then shred down post cycle and coming out in the end with some muscle gains.

The biggest muscles in your body are in your back and legs. So likewise those will stimulate the rest of your body to grow the most.

IMO you could split your back and chest into two days and add tris to chest and bis to back and I think you would see more results.

I did my back/shoulders/traps last night and it took 1.5 hours - not too bad considering. But by the time I got done with back, my shoulders were already warmed up. I did some dumbell raises, supersetted with side raises, and then a plate raise. Did 3 circuits of that... then did some side cable raises and some shrugs and I had a good pump. I didnt even bother with rear delts as I had done seated cable, and tbar rows for back which both hit rear delts some.

Realistically it probably wasnt as a good a pump when I spend 1.5 hours just doing shoulders once a week, but by doing this new split Ill hit each bodypart twice every other week. So that is 2 more sessions per bodypart a month, which is an increase of 25% over a one bodypart a week routine. So in the end I am getting more anyway.

Of course you probably know that there are a lot of other factors that come into play. ie - your age, body type, diet, sleep... those all play a factor in what you look like in and out of the gym.

Some things but no I think overall the best training systems are still on a 3-4 day a week training concept. Most being 3 days.

When on cycle and bulking who here trains some body parts twice a week. Isn't the whole point of testosterone to recover faster? When bulking and eating enough calories wouldn't it be ideal to workout some body parts twice a week for faster growth? Do you think this is true?

Top Bottom