Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This story bummed me out

No, I can't honestly say I treat an early term abortion the same as murder.

Even so, I try not to pin things down I can't pin down. Until I know if it's a person at six weeks or 20 weeks I choose to keep my mouth shut and try not to look like a fool, or a hypocrite (I'm both a fool and a hypocrite).

I was just asking if you couldn't possibly think of a circumstance where murder was justified.

Life begins at conception. Doesn't matter if it's 6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 years, it is a human life. Who the fuck are you or me or anyone else to decide 'we won't keep this one'?

That's murder. Murder is never justified, no matter what way you try and spin it.

Killing? I can name several instances where killing is justified. Hell, I have killed people before. It's just not the same.

smarter people than you don't know that for sure

but if you want to believe that you're free to

How is it even up for debate? You know how a baby is made. If a sperm fertilizes an egg, and it begins to grow, it is a baby. It may not be as developed as you are yet, but did Abby come out of the womb walking and talking? Did she have all her teeth?

Is it ok to snub her life out because she isn't a fully developed specimen yet?

Fuck no.

It's the SAME. A baby in the womb is still a baby, just happens to be not as developed yet as a child like mine, or yours, who happen to not be as developed as the two of us adults.

Trying to pinpoint which stage you get to decide to murder something doesn't take away from the fact that it's still murder.

How is it even up for debate? You know how a baby is made. If a sperm fertilizes an egg, and it begins to grow, it is a baby. It may not be as developed as you are yet, but did Abby come out of the womb walking and talking? Did she have all her teeth?

Is it ok to snub her life out because she isn't a fully developed specimen yet?

Fuck no.

It's the SAME. A baby in the womb is still a baby, just happens to be not as developed yet as a child like mine, or yours, who happen to not be as developed as the two of us adults.

Trying to pinpoint which stage you get to decide to murder something doesn't take away from the fact that it's still murder.

It's up for debate because if it's a person you can't justify killing it. If it's not you can't justify telling someone else what to do with their body.

It can't be a person at conception or I'd be a half person. If a single, unique cell is a person then an organ transplant is murder. It can't be a person because then cancer would be a person and killing cancer cells is murder.

Still murder to who? You? The majority? Who is the morality rule maker?

What do you do in this scenario? You're in a building that is on fire. You have the option to save a baby, or a several test tubes full of embryos.

What do you do? If they're all people, equal in their personhood like you claim you honestly believe, you must save the test tube embryos and leave the infant to die, right? Is that what you would do?

But I wasn't trying to debate you. I asked you if you couldn't think of one circumstance where murder was justifiable.

Its not pizza until its in my hands and headed for my mouth

It's up for debate because if it's a person you can't justify killing it. If it's not you can't justify telling someone else what to do with their body.

but what else could it be (or become)? Could that human sperm and egg turn into a bald eagle? A dog? buffalo? coyote?

It can't be a person at conception or I'd be a half person. If a single, unique cell is a person then an organ transplant is murder.

I'll donate an organ to you...

I want it back though. :D

It can't be a person because then cancer would be a person and killing cancer cells is murder.

Still murder to who? You? The majority? Who is the morality rule maker?

What do you do in this scenario? You're in a building that is on fire. You have the option to save a baby, or a several test tubes full of embryos.

What do you do? If they're all people, equal in their personhood like you claim you honestly believe, you must save the test tube embryos and leave the infant to die, right? Is that what you would do?

But I wasn't trying to debate you. I asked you if you couldn't think of one circumstance where murder was justifiable.

How about a beating heart? That's about 4-5 weeks. Can we agree that is a living being?

but what else could it be (or become)? Could that human sperm and egg turn into a bald eagle? A dog? buffalo? coyote?

I'll donate an organ to you...

I want it back though. :D

How about a beating heart? That's about 4-5 weeks. Can we agree that is a living being?

Oh yeah, I'd even agree that at conception it is a living being.

Top Bottom