Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This story bummed me out

good lord. And in all of tihs, the taxpayers are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for all this. I'm sorry, I understand babies are precious - but why should taxpayers pay out a millions for a childs short lifetime when it's clear the child will be born with extensive problems?

It's akin to spending thousands to operate on a 94 y/o. We in America need to have death panels. We only have so much money & resources.

I'd still rather pay a million dollars to buy a baby a shot at living as opposed to paying a million dollars so two fatasses can get all new hips, knees, spinal fusions and a lifetime of insulin shots.

The baby didn't get to choose -- the fatasses did.

He's right. There's no way they could have forced her to have a medical procedure no matter how much they tried. That would have never happened. They tried to influence her by asking for their money back and you can call that bullying but technically from what I remember about contracts I think they are entitled to their money back. She signed a contract that said she would abort if there were severe deformities, not that she would be forced to abort but she would have to give the money back.

They didn't just ask for the money back, they threatened to dump the baby into the foster system if she let it be born. That's sick.

Are you sure her contract included a clause about getting the money back or agreeing to abort? It's been a few days since I read the article, but I don't remember that.

They didn't just ask for the money back, they threatened to dump the baby into the foster system if she let it be born. That's sick.

Are you sure her contract included a clause about getting the money back or agreeing to abort? It's been a few days since I read the article, but I don't remember that.

Yes the contract did say that.
The chick was a professional surrogate, meaning she got pregnant for money. The biological parents didn't want a deformed and retarded baby. That's a compassionate attitude IMO.

Ironically, the surrogate who made such a stink about abortion, also didn't want the baby, and took it to term just to give it up.

Also, it is important to note, that the surrogate, when offered 10k to abort, countered for 15k.
When her offer was refused, she decided to become the "no abortion no matter what" - highly moral person.

Top Bottom