Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the.gladiator1987's 12 week 5x5 log

Thanks cy, looks legit.

Week 9 Day 3

Squat - 155x5, 190x5, 230x5, 265x5, 315x5, 225x15, 225x30
Bench - 145x5, 185x5, 230x5, 260x5, 290x3, 225x15
BB Row - 95x5, 120x5, 145x5, 170x5, 205x5, 135x8
Dips - 115x8, 115x8, 115x8
BB Curl - 95x8, 95x7, 95x6
Skullcrshers - 115x8, 115x8, 115x8

Bolds are PR's. I did 225x30 couple hours after my workout, did them widowmaker style and got 30, could have gotten 5 more! SO stoked!

Basically Im done with the 5x5. My goal was to get to 315x5 squat, 295x5 bench and 205 row. Next week Im doing 295x5 bench on Monday, 365x5 deadlift on wednesday. Thats all im gnona do, then the next week im maxing out on every big lift. This program has been one of the best ive ever done. Im switching to another routine(1bodypart split a day, 5x a week) becauase my joints are hurting, and I want to compare the 2 and im still seeing what works best. Im starting to think that full body workouts with compound movements make me grow the most, but ive never tried a split and been consistent with it. I will probably end up doing 5x5 and variations of it for the rest of my life, the gains were awesome!

Squat - 285x4 ----->315x5
bench - 275x3------>315x2
bb row- 175x5------>205x5
bb military- 165x5------>190x5

Good shit my man! I'm starting to come to the conclusion with you on the variations of 5x5's and such.

Good shit my man! I'm starting to come to the conclusion with you on the variations of 5x5's and such.

honestly the 5x5 is sick man, if someone didnt like it its because they started too heavy or just plain dumb as hell. It works!

Just did 325x2 on bench, up from 315x2 a couple weeks ago. Now about to go bust some dips and db military and see what my max is for that! Last week was my last week for 5x5, this week im maxing on all my lifts, then starting my new routine on Monday.

Im gonna keep this log going even though I wont be on a 5x5 again for at least 3-6 months, but i give it an A+. If ou read this and are thinking about it, DO it. :)

nice man. Your bench is awsome. Im really triing to get a better bench i always have a hard time passin up bench platues.

I agree, they work great for strength and a good amount of size.

my size is good its not just strength, i was skeptical at first. I want to see how my body reacts to a bb split routine that I actually stay consistent for it, but most likely gonna be doing whole body and not the bullshit 1-arm preacher curls

I maxed on bench, db military, and squats today

bench - 325x2
db military - 100x3
squat - 365x2

Crazy squat, didnt think id do that. The first one was nice and steady, 2nd one took about 8 seconds to get up lol. But i still got it up and i went a little below parallel. I know some people say ATG or its not a squat but i dont think im flexible enough to go down ALL the way. I still go below parallel so im not trippin

I get a lot of mass off a straight bodybuilding split but it is almost like the muscles just fill up with volume and the strength gains suck. When I do strength splits the size I gain is very dense and I always keep it just not as much but it gives me a more rugged look. I look more like an athlete instead of bloated muscle. As far as squats go, once you start going ATG everything else seems like its cheating to me. I really don't think parallel is good for anything except powerlifting. You get so much more glute and ham stimulation when you go as far as your flexibility allows. This is what you need to move a lot of weight in the future anyway, not quad strength. Its all about posterior chain and abs. Thats why I like box squats, they really help you sit back and work your glutes and hams. They also break the eccentric concentric chain and give me a lot more power out the hole. Try em sometime. Your squat made a big jump man. Good job.

I get a lot of mass off a straight bodybuilding split but it is almost like the muscles just fill up with volume and the strength gains suck. When I do strength splits the size I gain is very dense and I always keep it just not as much but it gives me a more rugged look. I look more like an athlete instead of bloated muscle. As far as squats go, once you start going ATG everything else seems like its cheating to me. I really don't think parallel is good for anything except powerlifting. You get so much more glute and ham stimulation when you go as far as your flexibility allows. This is what you need to move a lot of weight in the future anyway, not quad strength. Its all about posterior chain and abs. Thats why I like box squats, they really help you sit back and work your glutes and hams. They also break the eccentric concentric chain and give me a lot more power out the hole. Try em sometime. Your squat made a big jump man. Good job.

I know what ur saying bro, its like if i go lower my back rounds and its just a felxibility issue. So do you still go as low as you possibly can? ill take a vid next week

ill make a log for my bb split, on this one Oso. Thx for stayin in my thread guys, its good motivation

I know what ur saying bro, its like if i go lower my back rounds and its just a felxibility issue. So do you still go as low as you possibly can? ill take a vid next week

ill make a log for my bb split, on this one Oso. Thx for stayin in my thread guys, its good motivation

I've got a slight butt tuck at rock bottom squats like I'm sure most of us do. My lower back muscles used to feel very tight after a high volume squat session, but I guess they got used to it after a while. I've 1rep maxed on squats and deads and have done 20 rep squats all without a belt and have not had the slightest pain in my back, not even stiffness. I remember reading somewhere that a little butt tuck is fine, you just need to build up slowly to let your lower back get accustomed to it.

I'm not going to say whether you should go as low as possible or not, but if you try, definitely allow some time to get used to it.

Top Bottom