Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strength training along with trying to improve my 40 yard dash

You dont listen do you?

How?

Im just asking because I just realized there was a 4-day split 5x5. I want the 5x5 as well as speed/plyo work. I know in my last thread it said it would be hard but youre squatting 3x a week, here its only 2x and I have 2 days rest from wednesday(plyo) to fridays leg workout.

You are gonna over train most likely. I would devote 3 days to lifting. 2-3 days for speed work, plyos and flexibility....and stop making threads on the same topic. ;)

bump

Im about to start another 5x5 since it worked so great! But i want to incorporate some running/box jumps/jump squats/jumprope. Would this be a better routine?

Day 1: Upper
Day 2: Lower
Day 3: Running/Plyo
Day 4: Upper
Day 5: Lower
Day 6: OFF
Day 7: OFF
Repeat

no good. lift every other day with your off days being for various types of cardio/plyo activities like you mentioned and stretching.

I was thinking sled pulls or weighted vests may help you accelerate your body weight faster as well. Keep in mind the sled pulls will burn you out so you may need to make an adjustment like

lift
off
lift
off
lift
off
sleds
off
lift
off

or something of the like...

stop over thinking it man. You are responding better to the 5x5 than anyone I've ever seen and thats cause you are following it and have the genetics for weightlifting...natty no less and still making gains which tells me you have HUGE potential in the sport.

Also, if football doesn't pan out you could join the powerlifting team.

Top Bottom