Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Training Log 2011

I stopped counting calories the past few weeks, stalling on my lifts may or may not be due to low caloric intake? I'm gonna redo my BMR calculation and record my calories again starting tomorrow morning, my meals stay pretty consistent on weekdays, I make some of my meals on Sunday for the week so it's usually the same thing Mon-Fri. I've gone from 189 lbs in January to 174 lbs a few days ago when I stepped on the scale.

5x5 isn't easy to progress on week to week when you're cutting.... If you think about it logically, you're cutting bodyweight and adding weight to the bar, so it's bound to be harder. What are your goals and what is your current diet?

My first concrete goal when I started up in January was to squat/bench/deadlift my bodyweight for 5 reps. I'm getting close to that, it's at 175/165/240 and if things progress I should be able to get bench up to complete that goal in one to two weeks.

My longer-term goal is to get those three lifts to 300/300/300. I would like to be there by the end of the year. I don't know how realistic that is or isn't, but I'm not stopping until I'm satisfied.

Diet "should" be around 2300 calories a day, like I mentioned I have not been counting calories lately but I'm going to start that up again. I went back through this week's meals in my head and placed them into Fitday and I have been coming up short by a good 200-500 calories. I eat five meals a day, mainly just because clean foods aren't really calorically dense and I can only eat so much at once. If I could I'd like to just eat two three meals, gives me more time for other things.

Well a 300/300/300 isnt very realistic I'd say. For squats and deadlifts it could definitely be done, but it would be hard to take someone who has been training for 6 months and take their bench from 165x5 to 300 in another 6. Still good goals and I'm sure you could surpass the deadlift one, meet the squat one, and at least get close on bench

Well a 300/300/300 isnt very realistic I'd say. For squats and deadlifts it could definitely be done, but it would be hard to take someone who has been training for 6 months and take their bench from 165x5 to 300 in another 6. Still good goals and I'm sure you could surpass the deadlift one, meet the squat one, and at least get close on bench

agreed with the bench.... to hit the 300 squat/DL mark is a hell of an accomplishment on its own.... but to hit it with bench is different. Also, if you're benching 300 while you're also squatting and deadlifting 300, something is very wrong with your training.

Sunday 6/19/2011

Squat – 5x 5,5,5,3,8 – 105, 125, 145, 165, 175, 145
Bench Press- 5x 5,5,3,8 – 105, 115, 135, 145, 170, 135
Barbell Row – 5x 5,5,5,3,8 – 85, 95, 105, 115, 130, 105

Okay workout overall, I’m looking forward to next week, want to see how things go.

Top Bottom