Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the.gladiator1987's 12 week 5x5 log

Nice! Bro you can hump those rows up a little bit if you aren't already. Get that last little bit. lol nice stack.

Ill start doing that. Should I focus more on getting the most weight up or getting the weight up as explosively as I can?

Cant wait for the stack! I like the feeling of getting stronger (and bigger) naturally though. It reassures me that i havent fucked my test production up and that I can still have kids LOL

Week 9 Day 2

Squat - 155x5, 195x5, 235x5, 235x5
Deadlift - 135x5, 205x5, 255x5, 305x5, 355x4, 355x5 - double overhand for first 4 sets, straps/mixed grip for 355x4 and 355x5
Pullups - 0x8, 0x4, 0x5

My straps were fucked up on my first set of 355, so on my 4th rep it slipped and i couldnt get the 5th up. my buddy helped me put them on on my 3nd set of 355 and I got 355 up no problem. Next week Im either gonna do 365x5 or 405x1, then take a week off. Ill be done with my 5x5. I love this program!

Ill start doing that. Should I focus more on getting the most weight up or getting the weight up as explosively as I can?

Cant wait for the stack! I like the feeling of getting stronger (and bigger) naturally though. It reassures me that i havent fucked my test production up and that I can still have kids LOL

With the rows..think about it as a curl. Most people (including me) will say that you shouldn't have much sway when curling...obviously you will have a tiny bit unless your back is flat against a wall. But once in a long while, it's okay to overload for a couple of weeks which would mean you start cheating/swaying at the end a little to help get all the reps. Since you're only adding about 10 pounds or so onto what you would normally do, you shouldn't have to cheat so much that you'll risk injury. Obviously if you keep adding weight past a couple of weeks, you'll have to cheat more and more each workout to compensate for a lack of strength which could definitely put you at more risk for injury.
So now think about rows in the same way...try to get it as explosively as possible, but don't worry about humping it up a little since you'll probably only be doing it for another week or 2..just don't make the excessive humping a habit :)

Lmao! Isn't that the purpose of cycling though..so your body doesn't start depending on it?

With the rows..think about it as a curl. Most people (including me) will say that you shouldn't have much sway when curling...obviously you will have a tiny bit unless your back is flat against a wall. But once in a long while, it's okay to overload for a couple of weeks which would mean you start cheating/swaying at the end a little to help get all the reps. Since you're only adding about 10 pounds or so onto what you would normally do, you shouldn't have to cheat so much that you'll risk injury. Obviously if you keep adding weight past a couple of weeks, you'll have to cheat more and more each workout to compensate for a lack of strength which could definitely put you at more risk for injury.
So now think about rows in the same way...try to get it as explosively as possible, but don't worry about humping it up a little since you'll probably only be doing it for another week or 2..just don't make the excessive humping a habit :)

Lmao! Isn't that the purpose of cycling though..so your body doesn't start depending on it?

Oh got it, ill probably go up to 205 doing that then. I didnt want to deload cuz i was still able to get it up with a little hump.

Yea that is the point lol im just thankful i recovered and able to gain naturally and not be dependent on drugs. I have a buddy that weighs 180 after 2 hardcore cycles and he started at 170. I started at 170 and im 195 after 1 cycle. After this upcoming one i plan on being at least 210.

See you are pulling more with them straps! Just use em like you are and grip strength will still go up. Mine always climbed doing what you are doing now.

See you are pulling more with them straps! Just use em like you are and grip strength will still go up. Mine always climbed doing what you are doing now.

Thats good to know, figure they will grow with doing the 4 sets before with no straps AND double overhand. IM trying 365x5 next week, and maybe 405x1. That would be bad ass! Cant wait to see how much they go up once i start my cycle

You should pull 4 plates easy man. The way you train, I see you pulling 495 without too much trouble. That is where I started to slow down though.

You should pull 4 plates easy man. The way you train, I see you pulling 495 without too much trouble. That is where I started to slow down though.

I will for sure pull 4 plates next week! Im hoping I break 500 by the end of the year, and with a cycle i should do that easily. Seeing your stats I wish i would have waited a little longer but fuck it

Thanks cy, looks legit.

Week 9 Day 3

Squat - 155x5, 190x5, 230x5, 265x5, 315x5, 225x15, 225x30
Bench - 145x5, 185x5, 230x5, 260x5, 290x3, 225x15
BB Row - 95x5, 120x5, 145x5, 170x5, 205x5, 135x8
Dips - 115x8, 115x8, 115x8
BB Curl - 95x8, 95x7, 95x6
Skullcrshers - 115x8, 115x8, 115x8

Bolds are PR's. I did 225x30 couple hours after my workout, did them widowmaker style and got 30, could have gotten 5 more! SO stoked!

Basically Im done with the 5x5. My goal was to get to 315x5 squat, 295x5 bench and 205 row. Next week Im doing 295x5 bench on Monday, 365x5 deadlift on wednesday. Thats all im gnona do, then the next week im maxing out on every big lift. This program has been one of the best ive ever done. Im switching to another routine(1bodypart split a day, 5x a week) becauase my joints are hurting, and I want to compare the 2 and im still seeing what works best. Im starting to think that full body workouts with compound movements make me grow the most, but ive never tried a split and been consistent with it. I will probably end up doing 5x5 and variations of it for the rest of my life, the gains were awesome!

Squat - 285x4 ----->315x5
bench - 275x3------>315x2
bb row- 175x5------>205x5
bb military- 165x5------>190x5

Top Bottom