Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my training routine

Like Moya said, this is very high volume. That aside, I don't think I'd have squats and deads on the same day. If you're going heavy enough there's no way you'll have enough strength to go all out on each.

Really?! That's amazing! What's the logic behind the reduction in training?

Obviously training is stimuli for growth, which occurs during rest periods, but do you adequately hit each muscle group in 3 days?

Really?! That's amazing! What's the logic behind the reduction in training?

Obviously training is stimuli for growth, which occurs during rest periods, but do you adequately hit each muscle group in 3 days?

The heavier you get on your weights the more time you need to heal and recover. Moya trains for strength and competes, so he is going to keep it heavy as hell and simple to make gains. Read several articles that some people in the 800 plus range on squats and deads only do that much weight every other week with just "small conditioning" workouts in between.

Bodybuilding...which I dont know much about, seems is more volume to gain mass, cut, and get definition which sounds like you want.

Reading some things by Charles Poliqiun said that most of his strength routines are 3 and 4 days no more than 45-75 minutes long,75 being going heavy with long rests between sets. His mass building ones are 4-5 days within 45-60min, more sets and reps, shorter rests.

So the question is do you want to put on mass first or get stronger(one will accompany the other a little to some extent)? Also how long have you been training because something simple as 5*5 might work for you right now? Age? Weight? How heavy do you lift now?

From My Droid MoFo!

6 days in a row is way too much. At the volume you have listed here, I would say that yes, you'll feel like you're getting something accomplished, but it's very unlikely that you'll see any kind of significant gains. The strength day seems entirely out of place in this routine, too. I know the feeling of thinking you're wasting away when you don't go to the gym one day, but listen to moya. Less is more. I know there's a good push/pull/legs routine stickied on here somewhere; I would start with that. You'll see that basically you can get sufficient tri work with your chest work and sufficient bi work with your back work. Start from scratch, and look at that.

EDIT: if you dont want to look for it, it's basically like this:

Monday- Chest, Shoulder, Tris
Wednesday- Upper Back, Lats, Bis
Friday- Legs (alternate Squats and Deads each week), abs if you feel like it

Ok sounds good. I'll have a look for it. Yeah I know 6 days is quite a lot, but I'm usually doing the 5 day split.

I'm not any any AAS either just to add in..

My stats are:
Height: 174cm
Weight: 80kg
Bf: 8-9%
Lifting: 6 years

Ok So I want size and lean muscle, as most do. Not really concerned with strength.

My lifts are as follows- (hitting the required rep ranges above)
Incline bench: 45kg dumbbell each side
Latpulldown: 90kg
Db military press: 40kg db each side
Bb squat: 155kg
Bb deadlift: 130kg

Thanks heaps for all the advice

Top Bottom