Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The coming plutocracy

Its not 1970 anymore, societal requirements evolve, which drive prices up in some areas and down in others. At one time horses were in much higher demand.

You're still missing my point. The stereo is irrelevant, apart from me using it to try to point out that Java's $300 AM radio example was bogus.

In 1970 you could buy an okay component stereo system for $300, and a Volkswagen Beetle for $1995. An entry level car today can be had for, what, $13000? Are wages up today by a similar factor (6.52 X)?
I was using a real dollars example (adjusted for hyperinflation), are you?

You can't use cars as an example because the government drives costs via mandates, it's a government controlled industry. How much did you pay for a high end PC in 1990 Vs. 2012 (in real dollars) while comparing them for productivity and computing power?

Anyway, using an inflation calculator, that means your example is a $50.30 portable AM radio in 1970 dollars. That's quite a bit high, a pocket radio would have been more like $19.95, or $119.98 in today's money. That won't buy you much of an iPod.

Anyway, using an inflation calculator, that means your example is a $50.30 portable AM radio in 1970 dollars. That's quite a bit high, a pocket radio would have been more like $19.95, or $119.98 in today's money. That won't buy you much of an iPod.

My first DVD player cost me almost $400.00 in the early 2000's, I bought one for $50.00 a couple years ago. How much was a cell phone in 1995? Don't get me started on how much a Pentium 133mhz system cost me in 1996 as opposed to the Dell I bought last year. How much was dial up AOL in 1998 Vs. current high speed?

so do you fault apple or microsoft for employing chineese? you see a lot of ipods getting made in america?
or xboxs?
no you don't, because they have never been here...

sorry i didn't see this post till today....and the answer is yes. They used near slave slabor at Foxconn. And the actual build quality of alot of apple and microsoft products has always been iffy. I think they absolutely could have made those products here. That could have been a major step for us, evolving our manufacturing into high tech fabrication. In the end it's what's going to happen anyway, the days of us making stupid .99c bullshit they sell at drugstore discount bins is long over, as well it should be. High tech manufacturing needs to get started here.

The Madoff Ponzi scheme continued for decades because he was blessed by the SEC as a legitimate government controlled entity. I invest in S&P 500 mutual funds, a private entity, because I'm not an expert nor do I know anyone I can trust to beat the market based on the fact they have an inside track to Washington. Research the money made by the last three presidents after they left office, it's a racket.

the madoff ponzi scheme was blessed by the SEC? really java?

Top Bottom