Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The BEST way to GROW YOUR LEGS??

Will do :)
One last question, do my legs need to heal from sprinting? Can I play basketball the next day after sprints?

Also, you never answered my last question, lol. Here it was:
"Should I treat sprints like a weight-workout? By that I mean, should I eat my oatmeal before the workout, and then my shake and fastfood afterwards?"

Thaibox said:

Alrighty:D :mix: I thought you were from Thailand that's why.;) lol

Btw,
from now one I'm going to put all my leg exercises in one day, here's how my leg workout goes:

1. Front squats 4 sets(10-5)
2. Leg ext. 4 sets(8-4)
3. Squats 4 sets(5-3)
4. Leg Curl 4 sets(8-4)

How is that??:confused:

spatts said:
I treat my sprints like a leg workout. It is anablic (in the long run...no pun intended) so I do them when my legs have healed from "leg day" work (which in my world is "squat day" work).

Interesting. I'm going to try that. I'll move sprints off of leg day and see what happens.

Behold, the legs of Kim Chizevsky, some wheels most males would be proud to own:
kim5.jpg

This is her routine, notice she does this year round the same! Only at competition time she adds lunges:

EXERCISE SETS REPS SETS REPS
Quadriceps Off-season Competition prep.

Leg extension Off:5*10 Comp:5*15
Squat Off:6*10 Comp:6*20
Leg press Off:5*10 Comp:5*15
Barbell Lunges Comp:4*20 steps

Hamstrings
STLDL Off:5*10-12 Comp:5*12-15
Leg curl Off:5*10-12 Comp:5*15-20
Standing 1 leg Off:8*10 Comp:8*15-20
curl

While squats are king she does leg extensions first to pre-exhaust the quads.
When doin squats she uses a medium/narrow stance and plates to elevate her heels, this allows her to stress the quads more than the hips/glutes (keeps the squat ass away) , she goes to parallel.
Leg press, feet pretty low on the board, close stance, toes pointing slightly outward, in order to develope the outsweep of the legs. weight is lowered until knees touch the chest.

Kim trains Quads and Hamstrings on seperate day, and as you can she she has got seperation allright between her quads and hammies

She does need a nose job however....

:D

Last edited:
A friend of mine has kickass legs seperation , he does heavy squats and sprints in the sand with ankleweights....

SofaGeorge said:
Night Fly and Spatts reworked my leg workout months ago. The results were that I gained 1 1/2 inches on my thighs in about 2-3 months.

The base of my routine was 5 x 5 heavy squats... finished with 2 sets of high rep leg press (20 reps to failure.)

I also did 5 sets of sprints as my core hamstring exercise. Sprints build leg size better than any other hamstring exercise.

My routine looked like this:

Sprints 20 sec X 5

Squats 5 x 5
Hack Squats 2 X 6-8
Leg Press 2 X 20

Straight leg deadlift 5 x 5
Leg curls 2 x 15-20

Calves 5 sets of anything I felt like

I just started 5x5 recently and today i tried this routine you mentioned. my previous was similar but those 2x20 leg press;) i think thats what gave me that extra pump. i was dead after doin this. of course i'm saving those sprints for sat. tho.

Q: When you sprint do you stay on your toes? (i was in military & only ran 4 distance)

Girlwonder said:

Alrighty:D :mix: I thought you were from Thailand that's why.;) lol

Btw,
from now one I'm going to put all my leg exercises in one day, here's how my leg workout goes:

1. Front squats 4 sets(10-5)
2. Leg ext. 4 sets(8-4)
3. Squats 4 sets(5-3)
4. Leg Curl 4 sets(8-4)

How is that??:confused:

Girl, you can drop the front squats from that list (use it once you want to change things up)
Do the heavy compound movements first(squats and/or leg presses) as they take the most amount of energy, followed by the leg exts. If you're going to do 4 sets on each exercise, only train legs once a week, as it would take a while to recover from that routine. IMO, i would do max.2 sets if you train with real intensity. Good luck !

Top Bottom