Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Beast's Training Journal!

Chest ,delts and rear delts (No overheads. Strict side lateral and trap focused laterals)

Very low volume and very light

Im still training around and through this chest strain. Mainly the left side which popped twice already in the last several months. I felt a strong cramping type sensation which is what comes before a tear or pop. So I did not go beyond 410. I didnt really push reps as I could have either. Volume and intensity, strength is very compromised in my chest right now. It may not be able to heal since Im still training the area. It was either that or not train chest for a while.

If I stopped training chest then Id probably take a break on everything. Did not feel like doing that at the moment. So Im trying to deal with it by using constant tension (not over stretching the chest tendon) and moderate weight/volume. Incline dumbbell presses didnt seem to be a problem at all. Even though alot of the movement takes place in that vulnerable bottom stretched position that Im trying to avoid.

I may start with those next week and possibly avoid the incline hammers for a while. The dumbbells only go up to 125s and dont put as much strain as the hammer strength machine does at the higher weights.

Still hit a few small PRs despite the compromised strength in chest and holding back. If I start with incline dumbbell presses next week then may be able to hit 100s for 55-60 reps. I may do that next week. I hit 48 with the pre exhaustion and strain which is a 3 rep PR. Minor but I havent touched this movement in a long time. Im rapidly increasing strength still, with no end in sight. Size wont really move up unless I push eating heavy at this point. Ive been making a much larger effort with eating overall but theres room for improvement. Yesterday I had alot of acid, spitting up chunks of food and only got in 200 protein or so. Missed the feeder routine . High level of exhaustion too.

Decided to avoid overhead pressing work today. I was doing it twice a week. I would like to save my joints for the harsher military pressing on smith machine and dumbbell shoulder presses. Spare my neck somewhat too for now. Possibly going up to 405 on the military presses but will see. Im more interested in increasing my reps with 365 and under first.

Good pump session considering how compromised my chest is at the moment. Weight is a little down from bad eating yesterday.

237 lbs after meal (protein bar. Light headed, low energy throughout, but grinded through as always)

Incline Hammer Strength press (constant tension style)

90x80 warm up
180x50 same
270x20 same
360x10 same
410x10 same
410x38 (PR. Decided against going up to 450. Right chest strain was starting to lock up)
360x45 (Weak but was dealing with the strain)

See video for 410 and 360 lb sets. 410 lb set had camera collapse. New tripod is coming in the mail

Incline Dumbbell Press (constant tension)

55x55 (Warm up. Just testing how these will effect strain)
100x48 (3 rep PR, see video)
115x22
125x0 (These rubber dumbbells are way too fucking long sometimes. Didnt have them lined up properly with my thighs when I sat down. Didnt want to abuse my chest strain too much today, so left it at that)

Dumbbell Laterals (trap focused version)

no rest til line

45x35
55x10
------------
again

65x30
45x10

see video
------------

again

45x40
55x10
------------------

Standard Side Laterals with long holds at the top

no rest til line

25x20 (brief rest pauses)
20x20 (same)

------------

20x30 (brief rest pauses)
20x30 (same)
20x30 (same)

For some reason these burn the fuck out of my joints like nothing else. Probably a mix of shoulder strains and intense pump

Reverse Machine Flies

Very light. Not pushing the dumbbell laterals or these heavy or high rep either. Just trying to get some stimulation. Neck still has alot of tightness.

220x12 (long holds)
160x15 (same)
160x15 (same)
160x20 (same)
160x20 (same)

See videos below

KILL THAT SHIT

Feeder Routine (that night)

Alternating Dumbbell Curls

15x50

Dumbbell Hammer curls

15x50

Alternating Dumbbell Curl with reverse curl negative

15x50

Feeder Routine (that night)

Alternating Dumbbell Curls

15x50

Dumbbell Hammer curls

15x50

Alternating Dumbbell Curl with reverse curl negative

15x50

Cant say if the feeder routine has been effective yet. My eating is starting to get weak. Ive been burnt out mentally on that part of the routine and acid is getting bad. Ill try to roll with shit now and make the best out of it though. Growth should come during this phase. Strength has been weekly since ive been back. My chest seems alot denser but that doesnt show up on the tape. I only consider it progress if I can measure it. Traps seem to be re emerging but never found a way to measure them or tried. I can notice a definately height difference in videos from a few months ago, and just visually while training. Not to the extent they would grow if I hit them directly but an improvement.

Largest arm is back up to 19 1/2 cold. It fluctuates, but atleast its back to peak measurement. This is common though, so once I break beyond that it will be new progress. Havent broken that measurement since 2012. Only with a pump do I hit 20 inches.

Chest/back measurement seems to be rising up too. Initially when I wrap the tape under my arms , Im coming up with 56 1/2, 57 inches. Though with some straightening out (Hard to self measure, tape gets trapped under arm pits) 56 seems more legit. Though the measurement is never perfect. My main concern with my measurements is consistancy in the way I measure myself. Never to compare with anyone else. Generally I measure the largest part of each muscle group.

Will probably train something in a few hours. Havent decided what yet.

KILL THAT SHIT

About to hit some back. Nothing too specific planned. Still focusing on low cable rows for mid back. Maybe some lateral work. Overhead pressing Im thinking of saving for the end of the week and having a dedicated shoulder day again.

KILL THAT SHIT

Top Bottom