Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T3 Question

workinitover

I recently took a couple of cycles of T3 and a few months afterwards on a routine trip to the doc, I found out my thyroid is hypoactive. Does anyone know if the T3 would do that? I thought the T3 would speed it up not slow it down. I am thinking either the T3 I got was shit or something reacted completely wrong. If anyone knows anything, let me know. Thanks!

workinitover:jenscat

It is actually quite amazing how many people have issues with their thyroid gland.

This is the typical natural history

- hyperthyroid, so too much T4 is produced. The thyroid gland also produces a wee bit of T3, but most is converted to the more active form, T3 in the peripheral tissues

Clinical symptoms - thin/losing weight, diarrhoea/more bowel movements, hot, sweating, irregular periods, tachycardia (fast heart rate), nervous, agitated, feeling tired, slight tremors/shaking

You may have elevated levels of cholesterol as well.

- the thyroid gland burns itself out and the person goes hypothyroid, so not enough T4 is released and the hypothalamus releases more TSH.

Clinical symptoms: tired, weight gain, dry skin and hair, brittle nails, constipation, bradycardia (slow heart rate), sensitive to cold, muscle cramps and joint pain

This is the thing, T3 is going to stop TSH (thyroid releasing hormone) to be produced, it is just a part of the feedback.

It often takes months for the thyroid hormones to normalise if they have had some interuption of homeostasis. This is well known when trying to establish the effective dose of thyroxine for patients.

It is also known that patients accidentally put on thyroxine have had full recovery of their thyroid gland when the mistake is realised and they are taken off the drug.

However, if you had a pre-existing sensitivity/condition with your thyroid, using T3 MAY have precipitated a thyroid condition a bit before it would have happened.

You may want to wait a month or a few months and get retested.

Would you mind posting up your results?

I have noticed that what US doctors consider to be low or high is normal in the UK.

Top Bottom