Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Super Duper Morning Meal Advice!!!

Ilovetolift said:
buddy your a wreck. ^^

yea... youre massive & ripped... keep up the good work cuz it must be all the fake shakes youre drinking... oh sorry, i forgot youre from canada... you need all the help you can get!!!

what hype? hype on whey shakes? please man, i see your point about the main meals being whole foods but shakes have their place and are truely effective as a supplement to a real structured diet. do what works for you but dont denounce what works because you FEEL they dont. there is enough ancillary evidence out there to prove the effectiveness of shakes. should i tell the national qualifying bb's i work out with that their shakes arent working? come on. or should i tell my boy who went to the world championships all natural that his diet routine is off too? theres enough proof right there. 3 personal friends who have 2 to 3 shakes a day with their other 6 whole food meals. and they compete on the national and world level. shakes do work.

I know a couple pro's that never use shakes, doesn't prove anything...

hype?! yes hype!! if u believe it works for u then use it, bottom line is whey is a waste by product that someone figured out how to market, and, yes it may be beneficial to some for whatever reasons... just like every other product that is probably on your shelf that you spend $$$ a killing on...

10 years ago i tried this very same routine by trying to subsitute my breakfast w/ a mixed shake similar to the one canada boy's using... and guess what, I puked almost everytime... somedays I could keep it down, other days I couldn't... reason, not allergies, body just didn't like taking a slushy for breakfast... coincidence, i think not... there's a reason he's puking his guts out from drinking it.. AGAIN... fake shake...

hey, if it works for u then use it... all I was saying is that a fake shake can't replace a real meal... :coffee:

whey protein is the only supplement i use. i dont waste $ on the other stuff. you use whey postworkout? if you do then thats admitting it works.

only thing i spend $$$ on is real, whole, organic foods, ie chicken, veggies, fruits, whole grains & nuts, etc.. not a fan of milk products.. what can i say-:rolleyes:

pwo for me consists of something or similar to 10oz chicken breast, some fibrous green or complex carbs, and a few simples, no fats pwo... i used to do whey and it worked ok, but now i just eat a bigger meal, just works better for me... haven't used it in prob 6-7 years

my girl works for perfect nutrition and she brings home boxes of supps... i just hock em on ebay cuz i have no use for em.. only thing i keep is the good multi-vits & fish oils for us and a few times a month ill eat a promotional new 'junk' protein bar for kicks, but thats it for me...

Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. I use Whey and other supps and for me they have AIDED my hardwork and diet thus far. Saying its lazy meal is not true at all. I eat solid foods through the day. I genereally mix my shakes with diffrent things to help me before and after my workout. Time restraints is another issue when working i literally in some cases dont stop and i drink it as i work.

I genereally do some cardio on my weight days and i dont want to do it with food on my stomach and get a stich/cramp real quick if i do. Its convinient and a good way to get protein in to your body quick when needed.

One reason whey or any other supplement is called that(a supplement) for a reason. It is a supplement to a quality diet. I use this kind of stuff (shakes) for 3 reasons....

1. Whey for post workout
2. If I need a break from chicken breasts, a nice chocolate shake can taste pretty dam good. Also, nice milk protein isolate or such is great pre bed.
3. To make my protein requirements for the day if I do not get enough whole food.

devcon said:
only thing i spend $$$ on is real, whole, organic foods, ie chicken, veggies, fruits, whole grains & nuts, etc.. not a fan of milk products.. what can i say-:rolleyes:

pwo for me consists of something or similar to 10oz chicken breast, some fibrous green or complex carbs, and a few simples, no fats pwo... i used to do whey and it worked ok, but now i just eat a bigger meal, just works better for me... haven't used it in prob 6-7 years

my girl works for perfect nutrition and she brings home boxes of supps... i just hock em on ebay cuz i have no use for em.. only thing i keep is the good multi-vits & fish oils for us and a few times a month ill eat a promotional new 'junk' protein bar for kicks, but thats it for me...

"The Foodie

I just found out this was word. Really. Anyway, in the real world a Foodie is defined as "a person who has an ardent or refined interest in food." That sounds more like a Fatty to me, but that's another subject entirely.

In the bizzaro world of bb boards it's someone who is obsessed with preaching the virtues of food to anyone who asks about supplements. This attempt at wit (or showing superiority) is worthless since any jackass knows that you'll die without food. Next time just answer the freaking question. "

From the humour section: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par40.htm

...you searched to find that?!?!? ...and im obsessed? LOL!!!

someone asks for advice, if they don't like it, skip it... i offered what i could because i've been in the same situation...

if you're not gonna contribute to the cause, STFU...

now who's preaching?!

devcon said:
...you searched to find that?!?!? ...and im obsessed? LOL!!!

someone asks for advice, if they don't like it, skip it... i offered what i could because i've been in the same situation...

if you're not gonna contribute to the cause, STFU...

now who's preaching?!

the whole idea is to have different opinions. There are no absolute truths in this game, hence no need to tell people to STFU around here (we have C&C for that)

Even though it's a known fact that real food is better (depending on the food, of course) than processed food (i.e. whey), the lives some of us lead (family, work, etc) make us go for the added convenience of these supps.

For most people the choiuce would be either to chug down a whey shake/day or simply skip 50 grams oif protein, simply because theres is no time to sit down and eat 2 chicken breasts.

I personally try to keep whey to a minimum (1 shake, PWO) and this has been my advice all the time I've been here? Is there a better way to do things? most likely but I do the best with the resources I have available.

Top Bottom