Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting training again

Lady Viking

It´s five weeks after c-section now and I feel I could start weights again lightly. I'm working out at home. I´m now trying to do routine but I can´t figure out what excersises I can do with legs...
Any suggestions ladies?

Do you have any equipment?

By 6 weeks post-C, the women I train can start most anything for legs, but really light to begin with and if there is any pain, they back off.

We use squats, leg extn, leg presses, leg curls, hacks or ball squats and calf work in the routines.

W6

i am not familiar with your situation but i just wanted to say congrats on starting agiain and good luck
i am a chicken and would probably be lazy if i was in your shoes

you go girl

I feel lazy most of the time... I really have to kick myself out of the door to go walking with baby carriage :rolleyes: But every time I look at the mirror I think I have to do something and fast!! And if I don´t start training now, I´m too lazy to start later. So better sooner :)

Just be careful with the incision site, try not to put any pressure on it. By 5 weeks you should be pretty much "healed" up there anyways, I know I always was.

But you should be able to do some squats. As long as you've had your Post Partum check up you should be alright.

Lunges, no weights (walking or stationary)

Squats, either BW or with light DBs (held on shoulders)

Wall Squats with Ball

Lady Viking said:
I got dumbbels, gym ball (big one), step bench and stretching band.

Walking lunges (start w/o weight and then as they get easier, hold the wights as you do them)
Side lunges with the band
Step ups on the bench (start w/o weight and then as they get easier, hold the wights as you do them)
Ball crunches
Bicep one-arm curls
Concentration curls
Tricep press
Kickbacks
Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension

Here is a great site to go to, if you want to look up different exercises. Just click on whatever body part you want to work on and it gives you an animated example of how to correctly do each exercise. You should be able to find all of the above there.
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WtFemale.html

Top Bottom