Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat and Deadlifts, too much for one day?

Oh yeah, dont chose between the two - if you have to then do deads once every 2 weeks and squat weekly

take 3 days after deadlifting before squatting so eg mon deads, fri squats. and remember you dont need a LOT of volume on deads for them to work. just the opposite, they'll fry your CNS if you try to endless sets of repetition work.

I like to go 5-3-1 (submax), 2 x 5 or 3 x 3 and alternate full deads with rack work.

I do legs twice a week at that intensity just change up excersizes, all balls out usually takes 1-1.5 hours, when finished it looks like I ran a marathon just freakin soaked, then I go run or do an hour of sprints or stairs . To tell you the truth I am less sore when I do the cardio then if I dont.

As some of you saw on a previous thread, I was asking about an overall program... With the help of a few key people on the board we hammered out a routine that is do able.
About 1 hour in length, all at home stuff (except for 1-2 exercises that I changed).
It's a 4/1 split... Chest/Tri,Bic/Shoulder/Leg,Back

I must admist doing a Legs and back on the same day is quite trying!!! But I find that it is doable...
it's basicly:
Deadlift 3 x 10-12 (I do 4 sets)
DB Bent over row 4 x 6-8 (I do 5)
Pulldowns - Need a gym, so i'm trying to find a differnt back exercise

Squats (DB at sides) 3x 10-12 (sometimes 4sets)
Hack Squats 3x 10-12

You could give that a shot... Personally myself working out my legs back is new to me... I'm not going pro or trying to be massive... the back is for support and looks more or less, and the legs I do only because I was told that it will faciliate growth elsewhere.

My question has todo with Deadlifts - is it really supposed to work the lower back, is that it's purpose?? Because thats where I feel it when I do them... As it stands now I do the Deadlift at about 70lbs 12times... Might be able todo more, but I'm afraid to mess my back up as it's all new.

What do you guys think?

Top Bottom