Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Spatts, If I send You

SouthernBell

Spatts, I am having a hard time finding someone at my local Gym That I trust to make sure form is correct on mainly Squats and Deads. I have been lurking and watching alot of the more experienced Guys (Don't have any BB or PL Gals in the Gym) To find someone who has the same approach. But no luck. I squat with wide stance, I would venture to say Sumo and I also deadlift the same way. I am yet to find someone in the Gym that Does the same with free weights.

And believe it or not more of the older BB type are using the Damn Smith Machine. They look at me like I am stupid when I start loading up plates on the squat rack. My husband wants me to go talk to The owner of the Gym that also does Personal Training but she also uses the Smith for both Squats and Deads.

I am squatting around 165 right now for 10 reps and I would like to go up on the weights but quite frankly I am not sure my form is correct, and I don't want to hurt my back or anything else.

Well my question to you is if I can come up with some kinda way that I can get some pics or even a video of me squating and possibly DL would you take a look at it? I know that a pic is not the best method but I am running into a wall here and I feel Like my progress is stalled because I am afraid with bad form I will hurt myself. I am up for any suggestions, critisim you throw my way. I have to this point winged it. My husband has guided me through upper body but Squats and Deads are not his cup of tea.

Any bit of advice would be greatful and appreciated...

SouthernBell

BTW, Spatts, When doing the video (hopefully) or pics should keep the weight minimal or do my normal routine? And what camera angle is best or should I take a couple?

SouthernBell

I'd like to see one with just the bar, and one with weight. Sometimes form changes as the weight goes up. Also, if you can do a straight side view so I can see your Q-angle (hip/knee/ankle), that would help. It would also help to have a back view so I can see your bar placement and grip.

:D

Nonerez, I know It is sooo hard to watch her come in with some newbee and start training don't get me wrong she has an absoutly great body if yo want to be about 100 lbs wet. She is a very tiny person. One reason I don't have her training me I don't think she would be much of a spotter. I asked for a advice one time and when she said "You mean you are doing that with free weights?" I was totally turned OFF and AWAY fast.

On my first day at the Gym when she was kinda showing me around all the machines and how to set them one particular exercise stuck in mind was the Wide Lat Pull Down. She started my weight at 10lbs... When I went to pull down I nearly pulled it off the bench It was sooo light after upping it to 70lbs she looked at me like I was crazy. :D Boy did that feel great..... :D . We don't have many heavy lifters at my Gym... I lift heaver than some of the Guys there.;) You should see the look on their faces when I add more plates than them.... And keep in mind I am by no means Spatts Strong..... But working on it.:p

SouthernBell

:mad: Smith Machine :mad:

"Dude, did you ever see that scene from Scanners where the guy's head blows up?"

hey I hear you SB! after my DL yesterday, I watched a couple of guys do SLDL's with 10-15 lbs on each side! I was secretly enjoying my studliness! They were kinda staring at me because I was grunting a little bit...he he he!

okay, 10 lbs on the lat pull down?! What a joke...and probably not very exciting for you as well. I like feeling strong enough to move some decent weight around in the gym.

Top Bottom