Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some skinny kid at my gym told me: "Bro, you over-train"

Okay lets clear a few things up! We all have these guys in the gym who are out of proportion and look stupid. Girls don't dig it, no one does, they look retarded and give bodybuilders bad rep for looking like cunts.

1. BB is about building your body, if your arms out grow the rest of your body it is going to be very hard to develop a decent looking physique. If your biceps are huge and triceps are massive and you have a weak back and weak chest, chances are they will stay that way if you continue hitting your arms x3 a week.
When you work chest you use a little tricep, when you work back you use a little bicep - there is not getting away from it. So having your arms to big for your size will hinder you from developing other body parts.

2. Finally we realize STUDLY76 is pretty short which explains a lot. Now I am getting the picture of a fairly stocking looking dood. Well done bro keep it up, post some pics so we can critique ;)

3. As for needmass4 and JonnyFiveIsAlive hope you get the point and the reason for my concern at the beginning. If you want to see how insecure and skinny I am, I have posted some pics of me, just do a search.

what

works for some will not work for others, How can anyone bash a guy that found something that works for HIM.
Thats like saying dbol works for everyone right? wrong! it has to do with your genetic disposition, it is called being a human, we are all different.
I suppose there are people that respond to anything they take and train the same all the time, but honestly that is not the norm.

it is all about results and searching for your optimum combination of diet, training and your choice of gear. An endless search for perfection driven by obsession and self realization.

IMO, you are definitely overtraining. Your situation is probably one more geared to under recuperating rather than overtraining, both will not yield any positive results. The fact that you are able to make any gains at all under this program baffles me. I think most people will agree that training each bopdy part ONE time per week is ideal for promoting optimal gains in size and strength. Other posts on this threaad mentioned the fact that your growth is nothing more than pumps from the frequent training sessions. IMO, you should be flat as hell on this routine. Maybe it's simply the fact that you have changed your routine and consequently shocked your muscles. If this is the case, you should not see much improvement after a few weeks of this. As far as symmetry and lagging body parts, I am not an advocate of neglecting the larger muscles due to a lagging body part. The idea is to target the lagging body parts with more intensity to bring them up, making your body more symmetrical. Although, I have myself slightly decreased the intensity of my triceps work and increased the intensity of my biceps work to even out my arms. So, I guess there are times for different methods. As far as you being 170 lbs with 18 inch arms. I know for a fact that looks a little wierd. I am 6'00" tall...210 lbs....8% BF....18 inch arms. My arms still look huge compared to other body parts. People on this board have a lot to offer, sometimes it's kinda critical, but the BB world is a critical rhelm. My advice to you would be to cut back the frequency of your workouts....take in mega amounts of protein...get lots of rest to ensure maximum recuperation...and increase your intensity while in the gym. You really should listen to the people on this board. They are here to offer you advise and guidance, and they are usually right on the money. Trust me on this...there is no way you are gonna continue making positive gains with your current routine. you will end up feeling tired as hell, severely overtrained...and it will tqake you a while to recover from that. So, good luck and train smart.

CF

Like Dantes said Dorian was training about 5 hours per week that is it...per week not per day!

Pro's don't train 5 hours per day. At the most 2 hours per day and 6 days per week.

Training lagging bodyparts twice per week is ok if you lower the intensity. Twice per week with moderate intensity is ok..

But if you like high intensity there is no way you can make optimal gains training each muscle more than once per week.

18 inch arms is big for 170lbs. How tall are you 5'2

I am 5'6" 197lbs and only have 17.5" and I am proportional.

STUDLY76 said:
Some skinny prick at my gym today told me that I over-train. He made this comment because he saw me do arms 3 times in a one week. First of all, my arms are 18 inches, which is big for 170lbs. I am in very good shape otherwise also. I used to believe that also, but I see myself growing more that I do body parts 2-3 times a week. Besides, my theory is that Pro's are in the gym 5+ hours a day, it is their career. They look great and train way morew than i do. Am I right or wrong?? Whatever it may be, my gains are showing by the week. Anyways, the 135 pounder pissed me off and I told him his arms looked like string beans and that he might want to get on my program. Fucker!

You shouldn't train any bodypart more than twice a week max. (if you're on gear).
Otherwise, you should allow at least 4-5 days rest for every bodypart.
Also, it's not true that pros train 5 hours a day, 6 times a week.
Dorian, for example, used to train 4 times a week and his training
sessions never lasted longer then one hour but he concentrated on applying maximum stress on the muscle in the minium amount of time required to fatigue it completely, rather then lifting the weight for predetermined number of reps....

Hugh Gellatts quote:
"call me incredibly stupid, but I don't really see how it is possible to train EVERY bodypart 3x a week unless you are pulling 2 a days and not taking more than 1 day off. "

That's what I'm thinking. Bro, I weigh 175 lbs and have 15 1/2" arms and they almost look too big. Unless you are really short, you must look like a cartoon. Maybe you read the tape measure wrong; or maybe you meant your arms were 18" long.

I have an idea, post us a picture and let us decide.

Dude, if it aint broke ,then dont fix it! The chances are you wont get away with training 3x a week for a very long period of time,but until it becomes unproductive go for it.There have been many great bodybuilders from the past with unusual or bizare routines.We learn more from our own experiances then what anyone else says we should be doing!As for the skinny guy,I know exactly how you feel.It would piss me off to have some skinny ***hole trying to give advice!Now if some big guy (bigger and better built)offered advice,then Id pay attention,Otherwise tell the skinny guy to work on his own arms.

Enigmaxxx7 said:
Hugh Gellatts quote:
"call me incredibly stupid, but I don't really see how it is possible to train EVERY bodypart 3x a week unless you are pulling 2 a days and not taking more than 1 day off. "

That's what I'm thinking. Bro, I weigh 175 lbs and have 15 1/2" arms and they almost look too big. Unless you are really short, you must look like a cartoon. Maybe you read the tape measure wrong; or maybe you meant your arms were 18" long.

I have an idea, post us a picture and let us decide.

He is 5'6". Lets give him the benefit of the doubt, but I still think that his arms are a little too big and he is overtraining them. Best way to find out is for him to post a pic.

This is what i call the superhero syndrome....huge arms...overall a pretty big upper body.....but legs like toothpics.

Has anyone ever seen the cartoon the tick?...

but as far as overtraining goes....Maybe this guys has the genetics of wolverine....i mean that guy healed preatty fast

h19

Top Bottom