Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some More Incline PR's On The Way To 405

Scotsman said:
Great work Beast. The most I think I have ever done is 275x8 on inclines. Never really do them now though.

Cheers,
Scotsman

ThanX for the encouragement brother!! Thats not bad at all! Im sure if you did them for a few weeks youd see the strength shoot up quick on them. Keep KILLING that shit brother!! Looking MASSIVE!!

yo beast I got a question...do you go all the way and touch your chest on those inclines bb presses or do you stop like 1-3 inches above your chest...there's this dude at my gym who presses like 375 on incline but he stops like 2 inches above touching the bar to his chest...sort of like a time under tension deal it looks like...so I'm just wonderin' how you do it

peace,
CN

ChinkNasty said:
yo beast I got a question...do you go all the way and touch your chest on those inclines bb presses or do you stop like 1-3 inches above your chest...there's this dude at my gym who presses like 375 on incline but he stops like 2 inches above touching the bar to his chest...sort of like a time under tension deal it looks like...so I'm just wonderin' how you do it

peace,
CN

The guy in your gym is perfectly fine. YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE BAR TOUCH MY CHEST, neither flat nor incline.
I prefer to not touch my chest on both in order to keep my pecs fully contracted, if i touch, i feel as if some of the tension is no longer on my pecs. I have done it this way for a 3-4 years now and havent looked back since.

ChinkNasty said:

peace,
CN

Hey brother!! I always touch my chest with the bar. Ill often even have a nice little red mark on my sternum after all my sets too. haha Some days I just touch the bar lightly to my chest, others Ill get a little "trampoline" action going on. It has alot to do with how I feel that day. If my strength isnt at 100% Ill often try to make up for it anyway I can. Aside from that, I dont really know how to cheat on the benches. I have very little arch when I flat bench and I dont know how to get my legs into the motion. My training partner moves some nice weight (410 at 185), but his form is ass off the bench, jerking the hips and a nice bounce at the bottom, or atleast it seems. His legs get sore the next day. Even if I did that, I still wouldnt be any stronger though. Dont know how to really cheat on the bench. My incline form can also vary depending on the bench Im using. If there are prongs to put the feet on, Ill often straighten out my legs and make it into sort of a standing incline press! haha Though I did an easy 335 a while ago on an incline bench that didnt have these prongs, so I dont think it changes the motion that much. Stopping the bar 3 inches above the chest seems like it would even be harder. Im not looking to make the lift anymore difficult, but just to progress in weight and reps. For bodybuilding purposes that sounds like it would be useful. My training is really a mix though. Moving heavy weight is very important to me, but I also want the size as well. Strength gains always come before size, for me. Hope that helps!

cwick0 said:
The guy in your gym is perfectly fine. YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE BAR TOUCH MY CHEST, neither flat nor incline.
I prefer to not touch my chest on both in order to keep my pecs fully contracted, if i touch, i feel as if some of the tension is no longer on my pecs. I have done it this way for a 3-4 years now and havent looked back since.

That takes some good muscle control. Keep KILLING that shit!!

yea, I guess I would say I lift more like WB than you wick...I don't have a barrel chest like you and I have long arms so I find it actually easier to just touch the chest and go back up as opposed to stopping all that weight above my chest...I may try it out someday though

peace and thanks guys,
CN

ChinkNasty said:
yea, I guess I would say I lift more like WB than you wick...I don't have a barrel chest like you and I have long arms so I find it actually easier to just touch the chest and go back up as opposed to stopping all that weight above my chest...I may try it out someday though

peace and thanks guys,
CN

Yea, that takes great muscle control too. Im even more impressed with that. Im just real obsessed with logging new PR's and getting new weights, that I often get into this mindset, of "whatever it takes". As slow as my gains are, I think theyd be even slower training that strictly, maybe Im wrong. Im easily demotivated and fucking depressed, so I need to keep myself alive mentally! haha I can be a fucking wretch! During my injury period, I was a fucking mess. Im very thankful to be back training heavy again, even though I feel tiny. Keep KILLING that shit!!

Top Bottom