Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some More Incline PR's On The Way To 405

cwick0 said:
Ill have to match you in the next couple of weeks. I cant let you get ahead in this battle to 405, lol.
One more week of heavy flat barbell and incline dbs.

:FRlol: :FRlol: You got that shit!! Youre already repping 405 on the flat! If you find the right angle on the incline youll KILL that shit!! ThanX again brother!! Hows the 5X5 been going? Im going for 320 again on thursday. My gym closed down, so Ill be at another location. Hopefully the new benches wont throw me off! Keep KILLING that shit!!

I got 385 for 5,5,5,5 and 7 last week. I should have done more than 7 on the last one, but i screwed up my warmup sets. I havent decided if i want to try 405 for 5x5 today.

I dont remember...DID YOU GET 320 Last week?

I do incline at the 45 degree angle, if i went with a lower angle, 405 wouldnt be a problem.

cwick0 said:
I got 385 for 5,5,5,5 and 7 last week. I should have done more than 7 on the last one, but i screwed up my warmup sets. I havent decided if i want to try 405 for 5x5 today.

I dont remember...DID YOU GET 320 Last week?

I do incline at the 45 degree angle, if i went with a lower angle, 405 wouldnt be a problem.

Awesome brother!! If you really feel like jumping ahead, you might want to do what I did, and just jump 10lbs. But considering where you are now, I think youd do well to make 5lb jumps so you can keep making some nice steady progress. Otherwise you may plateau too soon. I want to see 425 for a 5X5 soon from you. I felt like jumping ahead when I was in the low 300's but Im glad I didnt, since it allowed me to progress continuously and even work on the form. The nice thing about the program is that the 5lb jumps seem so small each week, you cant see yourself failing them. No, my stomache went bad on me and had to cut the routine short. I plan to hit it this week for sure though. I do the inclines on the typical angle. Its usually set pretty much the same at every gym Ive been to. Doesnt effect me much differently from gym to gym. I think its the way I position myself on the bench that makes a huge difference though. The bench I often use, has metal prongs for the feet to rest on. Ill often straighten my legs on them and almost be on a standing incline if you know what I mean. Ive done 335 easily on a bench that didnt have the prongs though, and that was a while ago. So I dont think it makes a huge difference. The one thing that helps though, is for me to keep somewhat of an arch. On the flat bench Im pretty flat backed though. After I grab the bar on the incline, Ill often adjust my back by sliding down a little and getting a little arch. I always try to get in the best position for strength. Ive been accused a few times of making it into a flat bench, but my body always remains inclined. Keep KILLING that shit!!

Ive been accused a few times of making it into a flat bench, but my body always remains inclined. Keep KILLING that shit!![/QUOTE]

TELL THEM TO TRY AND SEE IF THEY CAN DO IT, IF NOT THEY CAN SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I GOT IT!

5x5 with 405 TODAY!

flat barbell bench:
135 x 15
225 x 10
275 x 6
315 x 6
365 x 3
405 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 5

OUT OF GAS!
Shoulders and elbows a little sore.

cabels:
70 x 10
80 x 10
90 x 10

weighted push-ups:
30 with 45lb plate on my back
17 with 100lb plate on my back

Time for 5x5 on incline next week

cwick0 said:
Ive been accused a few times of making it into a flat bench, but my body always remains inclined. Keep KILLING that shit!!

TELL THEM TO TRY AND SEE IF THEY CAN DO IT, IF NOT THEY CAN SHUT THE FUCK UP![/QUOTE]

:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: ThanX for the encouragement brother!! Keep KILLING that shit!!

cwick0 said:
I GOT IT!

5x5 with 405 TODAY!

flat barbell bench:
135 x 15
225 x 10
275 x 6
315 x 6
365 x 3
405 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 5

OUT OF GAS!
Shoulders and elbows a little sore.

cabels:
70 x 10
80 x 10
90 x 10

weighted push-ups:
30 with 45lb plate on my back
17 with 100lb plate on my back

Time for 5x5 on incline next week

Very impressive brother!! Thats some sick strength! Go KILL those inclines and let me know how it works out! How are you liking the 5X5 in your routine so far? I thought youd like that shit as a change. Keep it up brother!!

I like it, but it takes me for ever to warm up to the weights that i need to be utilizing. So by time i got to 405 today, i wasted tired, but i wasnt fully warmed either. I didnt feel real good till the end of the 2nd set and felt great on the 3rd set, 4th wasnt bad, 5th was a fucking bitch.

cwick0 said:
I like it, but it takes me for ever to warm up to the weights that i need to be utilizing. So by time i got to 405 today, i wasted tired, but i wasnt fully warmed either. I didnt feel real good till the end of the 2nd set and felt great on the 3rd set, 4th wasnt bad, 5th was a fucking bitch.

It must take a while with that type of weight. Its getting complex enough in the 300's. Im like that too. The first and last sets are the hardest for me so far. If I can get the first set, then I usually feel like I can get the rest of them. But Im still not too far in the routine. Once I hit 325 that should give me more of a challenge. Keep KILLING that shit!!

Great work Beast. The most I think I have ever done is 275x8 on inclines. Never really do them now though.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom