Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

should i be sore

soreness from a brutal workout = ok

soreness from mediocre workouts = overtraining
need more rest, food etc

look back at your previous workouts this week and judge wisely:alien:

Most people are sore after a stretching exercise like the DB fly, where the muscle is stretched to hard. If you are sore and not using a stretching exercise then the soreness is from lactic acid buildup. This is not a sign of a productive workout- it just hurts. Mentzer said on his audio interview with Phillips that if soreness was an indicator that growth had been stimulated then he never would have been Mr Universe because he rarely got sore. He also said, if soreness means that you had a productive workout what are you going to do if you don't get sore? Bend over backwards so you will get sore? After reading your workout program, I know why you're not seeing results- you're overtraining. If you're lifting 5times/week, when is your body supposed to recover and compensate for muscle growth?

einstein1:
ABOUT working a body part 5 times a week: im training for strength not hypertrophy.

when i go back to hypertrophy it will be once a week for each body part.

maybe cause i dont get sore i could be mr universe.
#endpoint looks down at his body# maybe not for a while yet.

endpoint: How can you gain strength w/o hypertrophy? You can train for endurance w/o hypertrophy. Lifting weights is a stress to the body. The body responds to that stress by recovering from the workout and building that little bit of muscle needed to meet that same stress for the next time. To increase your strength is to place your body under more stress ie more weight or more reps. The more stress leads to more microtears which will lead (assuming you're giving your body enough time) to hypertrophy.

einstein1
I am NOT talking about muscles here.

I am talking about the nervous system.

having big muscles doesnt make you strong.

you can stress you muscles, by doing bicep curls with soup tins. who cares? as long as the time under tension is sufficient.

Im talking about strength through adaptation of the nervious system.

I've always measured soreness against workout effectiveness.If I'm not feeling the pain I'm not seeing the gain.I Understand what endpoint is doing with his CNS training.I once shrugged 550lbs at a bodyweight of 165.Could i do that now?nope.I wa training for strength.Always a showstopper.

donnie:

A lot of us (myself included) missed the actual question of your thread, SORRY DUDE.

You should eat a lot (of course) and include enough grams of protein in your daily intake to at least equal your bodyweight in pound. IE if you weigh 180lb you ought to take in at least 180g of protein daily to support muscle growth. A lot of bodybuilders take in more than that, some MUCH MUCH more.

hardgainer (eat)

The reason I said soreness is an indicator of an effective workout is because macrophage activity is the cause of soreness. The activity of macrophages triggers the release of anabolic hormones, specifically Testosterone, HGH, IGF-1, IGF-2, and certain prostaglandin's, that cause the anabolism of new tissue, and also are the cause of delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). The invasion of muscle fibers by macrophages is essential to the muscle growth process, because this is what activates satellite cells (stem cells).

Make sense?

Soreness is not an indicator for muscle growth. I very rarely get some in certain bodyparts -- however, I tend to make strength gains with regards to those bodyparts on a weekly basis. Other bodyparts are sore almost every week, yet strength gains are few and far between. The pain is not an issue.

Top Bottom