Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

should i be sore

donnie

i workout mon- thur friday the split routine chest,arms,shoulders one day back,legs,and stomoch another my question is i was sore the first month of working out but I don't get sore any more ihave been working out know 6 months I'm starting to see a little results but was all so wondering how much protein i should eat a day? please feed back

Not enough info.

1.Are you increasing poundage??

2.are you changing your routine??

3.are you taking the proper steps to bust through plateaus??

The real question is........is it essential to feel sore?

To me soreness is no issue. It usually indicates nothing.

I have had the hardest work outs in my life...........with out feeling sore the next day. but still i manage to grow.

The only time i have ever felt sore was the first time i squated. But no matter how many sets reps, how heavy i go.....i dont feel anything.

But when i go to the gym with a good friend of mine............he bitches and moans all the time the day after. we use the same poundages for the same weights.

the thing i look for is not sorness.............but tiredness.

after a tough work out i will have trouble picking up the phone to call someone. I almost fell down some steps once as well. cause i counldnt movemy hamstrings properly.

different people feel different things

But all the things MAX has said are valid.......it should all be about progression

soreness indicates nothing?!?!

Are you serious?

donnie: You don't have to be sore to gain, but it helps... it tells you that you have achieved muscle break down and that your body needs to respond with muscle repair. This adaptation will cause growth.

hardgainer (sore and growing)

Soreness IS an indicator of an effective workout, although it is not essential to get results. Hardgainer was correct.

but is the lack thereof an indication it is not?
If so, then soreness might not really be an indicator...maybe it's just really insignificant. For example, to cause growth, you must break down and repair the muscle fibers. Now, if you can still grow without soreness, how do you know whether they broke down? How come you don't get it?

I don't seem to understand why you don't get it sometimes....someone have info on this ?

Could it be that peoples bodys react in a different way?
I also have a high tollerance for pain

Most of the time i have seen people talking about how sore they are.......its been a big wank. A BIG WANK

Oh man im so sore you should have seen how many plates i had on the bar.

Ive seen dudes in a gym curling a 40lb dumbell.....saying......ohhhh man im, gonna feel this tommorow, i gotta go to work so i better slow down. huffing puffing screaming

they are just talking themselves up.......who cares
I dont. Half the shit in this game is a big wank. I have kids at work who are 30kgs lighter than me.....saying they can bench 10 kgs more than the australian CAPO champ.....who weighs the same as me. They all whinge, about being sore so they dont have to do anywork.

its all a wank

I take BCAA's after my workout. have a proper after post work out meal.......and have a HOT HOT HOT bath or shower, if i have a bath i have it wil bath salts or epsom salts.
If you know who is home, i get a nice massage.
I stretch............and i get a good nightsleep

that all seems to work very well with me.
Maybe thats why i dont get any soreness. i have been following that pattern the whole time i have been training.

Maybe my genetics prevent me from getting sore.
My dad used to lift weights.
I used to watch him as a little kid.
after a heavy work out he would go to the sauna while i played in the toddlers pool.

he would get up.......go to work......and slog it all day at work. he is a tradesman......so his work isnt light.

Isnt most soreness due to a lactic acid build up anyway?

I HOPE I HAVENT OFFENDED ANYONE........ITS JUST HOW I FEEL

blood_drinker:

I wouldn't say that a lack of soreness is necessarily an indicator you didn't work out hard enough. Except if you usually always experience soreness after that particular workout, in which case it could mean you didn't work out hard enough or that your muscles are adapting to that type of stress. Personally I find that muscle soreness strongly correlates with growth, but that might just be my bodytype.

The reason why your muscle soreness may vary may be because of a difference in stress your muscles experience in those work outs or the level your muscles have adapted.

endpoint:

You make an interesting point about high pain tolerance and muscle soreness. Very interesting indeed. I hypothesize that there may indeed be a correlation. I personally do not have a high pain tolerance and I feel muscle soreness and fatigue to the extreme at times.

It could be that your neuro-receptors (correct term?) just don't register your muscle soreness anywhere near as much as other people's. Which would make sense when you have a high pain tolerance. That doesn't mean your muscles don't break down and repair, it just means you don't notice it as much.

A question: Have you tried to repeat a really hard work out 1 or 2 days afterwards? Try doing a max chest workout or a max leg workout working only on that body part to complete failure. Then try to repeat the exact same workout with the same weights for the next 2 days...

hardgainer (still sore)

Hardgainer.

My current program is based on pavels power to the people. (its close but i had to modify it)

5x5 of squats and Bench (the squat is swaped with deads every week) 5........yes you read it right 5 times a week.
I also include chin ups 3 days a week.
so basically I have a heavy bench day every day with two days off a week. I dont think i will keep it up much longer......im just trying to get some strength.

and still no soreness (man now i feel like im bragging.)

Id say yes to "That doesn't mean your muscles don't break down and repair, it just means you don't notice it as much."

I had my collar bone tattooed for 3 hours.....and didnt flinch until the needle was over my adams apple.
I have shin tattoos (ever had a bone tattooed?)with no shading all lines.
And i get into piercing. Im not talking about eyebrows, and nose rings here. I have had about 30 odd piercings (i have taken them all out now....but i look like a freaking collinder, holes everywhere).........some "procedures". None with any form of anestetic.

I dont know if i was born with it or what. but i have been to hospital more times than i can shake a stick at. so mabe i have been desensitized.

I still cry when i stub my toes though (which is at least once a week......!)

endpoint:

Don't worry about bragging, we all do that...

You definitely have a high pain tolerance, possibly because you got used to it with those tattoos and piercings, more likely though that you were born with it.

As for your work out, those squats, deads and benches will definitely give you strength. If you can train that frequently at maximum intensity without roids you have gifted genes. As for myself and most other people I know after a hard work out focusing on one bodypart I cannot work that bodypart with maximum intensity for the next two days. I simply wouldn't be able to lift my maximum weight.

hardgainer (gaining)

Top Bottom